COD check must have blown out of truck

downwithbrownminot

Hello all, I recently somehow lost a COD for $575.00 and was told have customer issue new one or it comes out of my next pay check. So I tried to contact customer however they didn't pick up phone, so I left them message. (This was on a friday) . As Monday morning rolled around I still hadn't heard any from my costomer. So I gave her another call. I asked if she will give me a replacement.
Her answer "There will be no check!"
My reply "Umm.. well is it OK if I stop by and pick up the package?
Her, "YOU WILL NOT!!! and don't you be harassing me!"
I then tried to say I wasn't or didn't mean to harass her but was cut off mid sentence.
She at this time told me she had contacted the company already and took care of it and I owed her a cancelation fee.
I tried saying I would be happy to take care of that, but before I could get it all out she had slammed the phone down hanging up on me.
Today after PCM I was pulled into the office and told I was getting terminated because she called corporate and filed a complaint against me.

Hello all, I recently somehow lost a COD for $575.00 and was told have customer issue new one or it comes out of my next pay check. So I tried to contact customer however they didn't pick up phone, so I left them message. (This was on a friday) . As Monday morning rolled around I still hadn't heard any from my costomer. So I gave her another call. I asked if she will give me a replacement.
I then tried to say I wasn't or didn't mean to harass her but was cut off mid sentence.
She at this time told me she had contacted the company already and took care of it and I owed her a cancelation fee.
I tried saying I would be happy to take care of that, but before I could get it all out she had slammed the phone down hanging up on me.
Today after PCM I was pulled into the office and told I was getting terminated because she called corporate and filed a complaint against me.
What did your steward say?

Next Day Error

X - Other
Damn… what a ride this post was. Lol

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
If it happened that way then learn a hard lesson to make sure the check is always secured. Customer probably sees a free cod in their future.

Really?

downwithbrownminot

If it happened that way then learn a hard lesson to make sure the check is always secured. Customer probably sees a free cod in their future.
Thing is I thought was secured. Was folded up and placed behind my blue contract book. Also being a frequently visited business I really didn't think there was going to be any problems. I used to work in a call center handling hotel complaints so I can handle people yelling at me without flying off handle. From what I gather it's because I asked if I could pick up said package..

downwithbrownminot

If she would have returned my call, or started conversation with I took care of it with the company... but Nooo. The whole "THERE WILL BE NO CHECK" and "YOU WILL NOT" was her attempt to start a argument or something. Obviously she was already having a bad day and wanted company.