Turn uniform in?

Drove an hour today for work just to be told I wasn't needed. I was told they would call if I was needed for tomorrow. Haven't heard anything and it's 6pm.

I do want to thank ups for the opportunity for being a driver this holiday season. Hopefully the 120 stops in 3 hours for residential was up to par with the veteran drivers (I was in a rental truck). Then the average 300 boxes for commercial in the morning.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What does this post have to do with the title?

They contractually can work you up until January 15th if you're needed. It's slow right now but is about to pick back up again. Next monday or tuesday we're running 10 cars over the regular plan, almost a peak planned day here.

Johney

Drove an hour today for work just to be told I wasn't needed. I was told they would call if I was needed for tomorrow. Haven't heard anything and it's 6pm.

I do want to thank ups for the opportunity for being a driver this holiday season. Hopefully the 190 stops in 3 hours for residential was up to par with the veteran drivers (I was in a rental truck). Then the average 300 boxes for commercial in the morning.
190 stops in 3 hours and they say you're not needed? OK. Just hand your uniform to any UPS driver on-road they'll turn it in for you.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
145-thanks-for-your-help.jpg

My post was to say thanks and hopefully I contributed positively this holiday season for ups. Been in the dark regarding work schedule since Christmas.

By The Book

I do want to thank ups for the opportunity for being a driver this holiday season. Hopefully the 120 stops in 3 hours for residential was up to par with the veteran drivers (I was in a rental truck). Then the average 300 boxes for commercial in the morning.
You did fine by me, they may of meant they will call you in the morning. The dispatch get tweaked with sick calls and such so they might need you closer to start time. Not trying to get your hopes up.

battym

I'm a seasonal driver as well,been sent home the last 2 work days..my advice,just show up,even if they send you home they see that you want the job.cant hurt

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My post was to say thanks and hopefully I contributed positively this holiday season for ups. Been in the dark regarding work schedule since Christmas.
Ok, it came across like you bragging about how fast you worked and the body didn't match the title. Glad you had a good time. If you did well they may call you back in the summer. Contact HR about returning your uniform and getting your last check if they don't use you soon.