Tv in original packaging arrived cracked

jmusbach

Don't you have to go buy a new TV?
Lol yup, you were right--they denied the claim for insufficient packaging. Oh well I guess... But it gets crazier--I moved (hence why I shipped the tv to california) but the claims department has since decided without asking me to ship it back to the shipper's address on file for the package. That means it's going back to Rochester, broken already, only to get abused further. Not only do I fear that this will mean once there the screen will be so severely damaged that it may become a biohazard (leaking lcd) but the house it was shipped from is a rental property whose landlord is a fulltime cop and is thusly rarely around so nobody will likely be able to receive the package (or the tenants will refuse it). I tried to get them to stop the shipment so I could take it here and recycle it but nobody seemed to know how to do that. So I guess UPS gets to deal with it now... I tried.

laffter

Lol yup, you were right--they denied the claim for insufficient packaging. Oh well I guess... But it gets crazier--I moved (hence why I shipped the tv to california) but the claims department has since decided without asking me to ship it back to the shipper's address on file for the package. That means it's going back to Rochester, broken already, only to get abused further. Not only do I fear that this will mean once there the screen will be so severely damaged that it may become a biohazard (leaking lcd) but the house it was shipped from is a rental property whose landlord is a fulltime cop and is thusly rarely around so nobody will likely be able to receive the package (or the tenants will refuse it). I tried to get them to stop the shipment so I could take it here and recycle it but nobody seemed to know how to do that. So I guess UPS gets to deal with it now... I tried.

Plot twist: the damage to the TV is reversed en-route to the return address.

jmusbach

LOL that would be something. But the thing is that the tv basically has a glass cover on top of the LCD, when it came here it was the glass that was cracked--not the actual LCD screen best I could tell. If it goes cross country I feel there's a pretty good chance that cracked glass could actually penetrate the LCD screen itself. I'm not sure why UPS felt it was a good idea to send a already damaged LCD product cross country again.

jmusbach

Nah, it'll end when the Rochester hub loader gets sick from touching a chemically tainted tv box. ;) Just sayin, that was pretty dumb to send such a hazardous damaged product cross country without asking me. After today I'll be neither there or here so it's now effectively property of UPS.

UPSGUY72

LOL that would be something. But the thing is that the tv basically has a glass cover on top of the LCD, when it came here it was the glass that was cracked--not the actual LCD screen best I could tell. If it goes cross country I feel there's a pretty good chance that cracked glass could actually penetrate the LCD screen itself. I'm not sure why UPS felt it was a good idea to send a already damaged LCD product cross country again.

When a package is damaged and it due to bad packing it get sent back to the shipper not the receiver.

UPSGUY72

Nah, it'll end when the Rochester hub loader gets sick from touching a chemically tainted tv box. ;) Just sayin, that was pretty dumb to send such a hazardous damaged product cross country without asking me. After today I'll be neither there or here so it's now effectively property of UPS.

Don't worry UPS will find you.

BCFan

Lol I'm assuming you're kidding, would take some real guts to admit to that publicly.
actually we all took turns dancing a Irish Jig on your TV it was during our break period. It was fun until someone realized that Big Leroy was literally "break" dancing on your Sony. Sorry about the crack but now it matches the one on your rear end , now that's special......BCFan(not broken component)

jmusbach

Har har. :p Well so I got a email today from UPS saying they want to charge me $63 because surprisingly enough the package was undeliverable. If that charge goes through you better believe ill dispute it.