UAW strike!

Trucker Clock

this strike will mean more cars built outside America and/or less cars built by union folks.........its a poor decision all the way around...the union demands are unrealistic and doing a grave disservice to the union members......Sean is the epitome of reasonableness compared to the uaw ceo.......he managed to put many people out of work including those on strike and laid off....at least the laid off ones can collect unemployment and not drain the union strike fund.....coincidence ? I think not..planning I bet

The days of $50/hr and a full pension to sit on an assembly line and turn a screw are over. With all the non-union car makers in the picture, Fain is an idiot.

The auto makers offered a roughly 20% increase. Not bad. Unlike UPS, the auto makers can move all the jobs to Mexico, and will, if Fain keeps pushing.

I get it. The CEO's got a 40% pay increase. The auto makers are doing well. But, again ,Fain is an idiot.

cynz

First, we were so lucky we didn't have to strike.
They are asking for 40 percent throughout their contract of 4 years. They took a beating to their benefits and pay when our country had a meltdown in 2008 2009. We again were lucky that our contract wasn't up during those years, or our contract would have been worse.
Now that the auto industry is raking in big bucks, they don't want to raise their workers benefits or pay.
While all three CEOs are making 32 million, 31 million and 29 million.
They broke it down to over a hundred thousand a day. One CEO said they get there pay on production, which it's the workers who are producing the goods.
Auto companies have manipulated the prices after we the people government helped them not go bankrupt.
Just like the Airlines, we saved them after 9/11 and they are gouging all of us.

BrownSnowFlake

You never cross a picket line. If you have a delivery for a business and there is no picket line, you deliver it. If there is a picket line, you do not cross it.
What if I slide the package across the picket line, without crossing it?

What about the Hollywood writers? Do you actually expect me to respect their picket line, too?

pkgdriver

I hate that thing
One was better
Yep
Map Mode is nice when you are covering though.
7D2EE771-839A-4CFC-BADF-B055FFD7D82F.jpeg

Trucker Clock

First, we were so lucky we didn't have to strike.

Yep.

We again were lucky that our contract wasn't up during those years, (2008 2009). or our contract would have been worse.

Huh? We had a contract expire Aug 1st 2008.

While all three CEOs are making 32 million, 31 million and 29 million.

Typical of any Fortune 500 company.

They broke it down to over a hundred thousand a day. One CEO said they get there pay on production, which it's the workers who are producing the goods.

At almost every company, it's the workers producing the goods. Assembly line workers are a dime a dozen. Anybody can sit there and turn a screw, if you can handle the boredom.

@anonymous23456 suggested that it takes some special skill to push a button. Funny.

Auto companies have manipulated the prices after we the people government helped them not go bankrupt.
Just like the Airlines, we saved them after 9/11 and they are gouging all of us.

Capitalism at its finest.