Unauthorized United Way contributions...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I dont know I like your lies about you caring about your community better. makes for a good laugh.

Are you still going on about the union? lol

Personally, I donate time and money to a worthwhile organization and I know where every penny goes. No one is getting rich off of my time and money, however it does serve a community better, which is the point of giving.

I don't want to hear about a UW chairman making enough money to feed a starving COUNTRY somewhere else and will never give into that type of scam.

If you don't believe we all give back to the community, just look at you check stub at how much is deducted for income tax. A good bit of that is given to communities/people all over the world.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Sorry menotyou no they are not...
How do you know with whom I have dealt?
As far as my union goes, I didn't say they weren't corrupt. Just less than the management I have had to deal with. Believe me, I have had to deal with some high level yahoos.
If you are looking for a teamster defender here, you have the wrong person here.
If UPS was a wonderful company who treated their employees fairly, we wouldn't need a union. I don't believe there should a union at every workplace. Just when needed and its needed at UPS. Management and the Teamsters are corrupt in my book. Unfortunately, I have to deal with both.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I've seen your type too. Why don't you make time and read the U.S. Supreme Court Decision in Transportation-Communication Employees v. Union Pacific Railroad Co., 385 U.S. 157 (1966). As retired Adm. Jerry Miller believed; management garners respect and deference when they trust and respect those on the front lines.
we've seen your type here before. you have a lot of insecurities so you devote your whole life to complaining about how the man is screwing you.

blue efficacy

I think it is funny that certain people who are so fortunate to make $30 per hour, with access to overtime, no college education required, take issue with donating money to those who haven't been so fortunate.

If you take issues with certain things, such as so-called "pro-life" people (pro-birth doesn't necessarily mean pro-life, many who believe this are Republicans who would scoff at paying taxes to support the child after it is born. No-win situation, can't afford to raise child, can't have abortion for fear of being branded a murderer... but no full time driver would understand that situation. Most uneducated people DON'T make 30 dollars per hour. Many educated people don't either! Tangent over.) the UW offers a multitude of options on where specifically you want your money directed.

To make the comfortable living we make at UPS and not give back is just plain greedy.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I think it is funny that certain people who are so fortunate to make $30 per hour, with access to overtime, no college education required, take issue with donating money to those who haven't been so fortunate.

If you take issues with certain things, such as so-called "pro-life" people (pro-birth doesn't necessarily mean pro-life, many who believe this are Republicans who would scoff at paying taxes to support the child after it is born. No-win situation, can't afford to raise child, can't have abortion for fear of being branded a murderer... but no full time driver would understand that situation. Most uneducated people DON'T make 30 dollars per hour. Many educated people don't either! Tangent over.) the UW offers a multitude of options on where specifically you want your money directed.

To make the comfortable living we make at UPS and not give back is just plain greedy.
My issue with it was that they took it without asking. Who says we are uneducated? I know many drivers with masters'. As you pointed out, not many people make $30 an hour. Not many people put up with the bull**** we deal with, either. Not everyone at UPS makes $30 an hr, yet, they are pressured to give, too.
Let me ask you this- is there a Walmart out there that has their thermostat locked up in a lock box and set at 45 degrees?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

The company who is paying the drivers 30/hr would be paying 15/hr if it were not for the union, so techncially all donations would squarely belong in a UNION supported charity, not a company charity.

Did you read my post about the UW chief making almost a million a year? Really, one million? And you want to donate to that cause?

whiskey

Is the UW bonus to management, which is based on Teamster participation , only awarded to center manager's or are all full time soups included in the UW bonus program?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Is the UW bonus to management, which is based on Teamster participation , only awarded to center manager's or are all full time soups included in the UW bonus program?

One more time....

They are stealing your money if you didn't authorize it. The union is taking a dollar. Your manager is taking the $24 and giving it to the United Way so he can win the competition among the management on who can get the most United Way contributions, not to mention the bonus they get because of it. Lets correct this one more time, WE DO NOT GET A BONUS for making the United Way goal or any other goal.....carry on.You can donate if you want, but they can't force you. HR has nothing to do with it. Someone forged your signature to the United Way card and the DRIVE card. Personally, I would call the police and charge their butts. And get my money back!

You would think with how well all the employee's know the manager or supervisors job, you would at least get the compensation part right...

Last edited: