Uniforms

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
I understand the UPS image is important. Why is it that we have to wear collared polyester and rayon button up shirts in the June July August and September months? Wouldnt we be more productive if we were not itchy and uncofortable? One more question. Why dont we have shorts and pants with useable pockets?

UPSGUY72

I understand the UPS image is important. Why is it that we have to wear collared polyester and rayon button up shirts in the June July August and September months? Wouldnt we be more productive if we were not itchy and uncofortable? One more question. Why dont we have shorts and pants with useable pockets?

They are short sleeved and you don't have to button them up all the way anyways they are a blend of 65 % polyester and 35 cotton. You every notice that when it rains and you get wet they dry really quick.

What would you like to wear ?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

It's to protect your cotton underwear from bursting into spontaneous combustion when you go into the back of the 150 degree truck. The polyester works as an insulator from the extreme heat.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
They are short sleeved and you don't have to button them up all the way anyways they are a blend of 65 % polyester and 35 cotton. You every notice that when it rains and you get wet they dry really quick.

Cotton! and something that didnt dry really fast and feel like it was cardboard. They suck in the summer. Im so not alone on this.

A tank top and a Spedo with a good sturdy work boot.

hypocrisy

Banned
Cotton! and something that didnt dry really fast and feel like it was cardboard. They suck in the summer. Im so not alone on this.

You just need a note from your doctor that you are having a reaction to synthetic materials and you can order 100% cotton uniforms. Just include the note with your order and have your center put a copy in your file.

over9five

Staff member
Speaking of uniforms.....

I just got new shorts. They look to be about 2" longer than my current shorts.
Anyone else notice that?

upsgrunt

Re: Speaking of uniforms.....

They are longer. Does the material feel real thick and heavy duty, kind of like burlap?

rushfan

I wear my UPS g-string when I drive at night. I have to be careful of the a.c. It could get too cold in the cab.