Union Politics - UPS Pilots Union has called for a strike vote!

ski or die

Ski or Die
They always call for a strike vote.
Don't get concerned until UPS makes its last, best, and final offer!
"Final Offer". Just like in 97. That's kinda funny. Seems like there was another one shortly after that. And I remember sitting in a meeting with Ron Carey in Louisville, the Pilot's representatives were there, and were 100% backing us if we walked. If they walk, I will bring them sandwiches and drinks while they are on the line. Being retired, I have plenty of time. And they supported our cause.

Irishman Collins

I was excited to hear that at least there are still unions with testicles. The UPS pilots union has been in negotiations for 4 years and finally have grown fed up with corporate greed.

Unlike hall and Junior who took the first offer from greedy UPS, this union is threatening to strike in order to get what their members rightfully have earned.

I wonder what awful and Hall and are saying on the other end? Yeah the pilots union are making them look gutless and stupid.

In case they do strike, I wonder if these two cowards will honor their strike just like they honored ours in 1997?

We all know that the two are in bed with UPS!

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2015/09/09/ups-pilots-union-calls-for-strike-vote.html
This should be very interested if the pilots happen to strike. Which I doubt they will. I can almost guarantee that Hoffa and Hall will not support the strike or take any action to give the pilots more leverage.

Ms.PacMan

They called for a strike vote in 2005 and had 96% voter turnout and the results were 99% for and 1% against a strike. They are one helluva unified workforce! Contract was settled shortly afterward.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
obama will not allow a strike. the only way the pilots have a chance is only the rest of UPS employees stand with them.

most of my co workers cant go a week without a paycheck and the co. knows this.

it dont look good.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
the only way the pilots have a chance is only the rest of UPS employees stand with them.

Huh ?

"On Friday, the union said that more than 99% of the pilots who voted said yes, authorizing the Independent Pilots Association’s executive board to request a release from federally mediated negotiations with UPS. If the union chooses to ask for release and it is granted by the mediators, the pilots would be able to strike."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-pilots-union-votes-to-authorize-strike-1445610265

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

obama will not allow a strike. the only way the pilots have a chance is only the rest of UPS employees stand with them.

it dont look good.

Are you seriously suggesting that if the President does not allow the pilots to walk that the hourlies should walk in solidarity even though the pilots would still be working?

Are you high?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you seriously suggesting that if the President does not allow the pilots to walk that the hourlies should walk in solidarity even though the pilots would still be working?

No.

She is talking about not crossing their picket lines.

Standing in support.... with them. On the picket line.

That's what I think she meant.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No.

She is talking about not crossing their picket lines.

Standing in support.... with them. On the picket line.

That's what I think she meant.

-Bug-

it dont look good.

I think she is saying that if the pilots walk that we should walk along with them.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sure they can go on strike but will the feds let them?

remember the traffic controllers strike? Reagan fired them and brought in replacements.

correct me if i am wrong. Obama would just have to claim that a UPS pilots strike would disrupt our economy and would not allow it.

MAKAVELI

remember the traffic controllers strike? Reagan fired them and brought in replacements.

correct me if i am wrong. Obama would just have to claim that a UPS pilots strike would disrupt our economy and would not allow it.
Obama is not Regan and the UPS pilots are not federal employees. He's not running again for president and less likely to step in to stop a strike.

Ms.PacMan

UPS moves 6% GDP and 2% int'l. It would definitely disrupt the economy but I don't think it will come to a strike.