Unions Killed the Twinkie

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MrFedEx, Feb 29, 2012.

1. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

According to Fox Business News, evil unions killed-off the Hostess Twinkie. Never mind that consumers have been shifting away to more healthy snack choices, or that the Twinkie has been pilloried for decades as the epitome of junk food excess. As always, blame the unions and the worker, not piss-poor management or changing consumer trends.

2. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Lets see some facts on the issue then. Was there a strike at the twinkie plant causing hostess to shut it down or has twinkie sales dwindled to the point that it was not in the best interest of hostess to continue producing it?

3. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

You can fight what you consider unfair contract terms-OR- you can have a job........you'd think that would be a no-brainer.

5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Sounds to me like there was plenty of blame to go around. Management obviously wasn't getting the job done of re-inventing the Hostess product line so it would be more appealing to consumers. When was the last time you saw a kid eat a Twinkie, or a Ho-Ho, or a Snowball? Plus, the last time I looked, the price for a 2-pack of Twinkies was around $1.00.

My point is that Fox, and conservatives in general, always point the finger at unions. That's wrong.

6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

The school food police would toss out a lunchbox Twinkie!!

People still want Twinkies.....shoot, I still want pink snowballs!!

Seriously, who could resist this????

7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I could...YUK!!!

8. 804brown

804brown Well-Known Member

Just like fox business "news", the corporate spokesman/apologist for corporate america.