United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Sorry aj, but Tie got to me.

He can go to a 3rd world country himself, and not give or bring the poor children anything.
He can tell them, and somehow explain to them, that he gives to UW, and that's enough.

I know that Tie is a caring individual.
Why would he need to go to a third world country to bring poor children anything?

I see Tie as the type of individual that stops at the table and opens his wallet when the Boy Scouts are selling popcorn or candy bars.
I see Tie as the kind of man that will drop the change from McDonald's in the Ronald McDonald House collection bin.
I see Tie as the ex-military man that folds a bill in half to give the WWII vet selling a Poppy.
I see Tie as the humanitarian carrying extra change in his pocket during the Red Kettle Salvation Army drive and he makes eye-contact with the bell ringer.

And the funny thing is that I believe everyone on BC shares in some or all of those traits.

I have said this before and I will say it again, give or don't give.

This thread is getting hateful.
Hate me for giving to the UW. Hate UPS for adding 207.00 to my donation.
Hate me for any reason - I don't care.
Just close this thread.

I am out of here.

tieguy

Banned
go back and count how many times you called people cheap and selfish because they don't give to the united way that is what offends me. .

thats my point exactly.

if you're not cheap you have no reason to be offended.

meanwhile you have many posters here proudly brag how they screw their community out of help in order to stick it to their boss.

that for some strange reason does not offend you.

klein

Für Meno :)
I didnt realize Ronald went to cuba and trolled for little children in a speedo.

again what you did is downright bizarre. You're really lucky that you were not locked up under suspicion of being some kind of perv.

you really should be careful with the impressions you set when you go to strange countries.

I'm grateful that I gave to the poor.

And, I'm glad I done it.
And, if I go again, I will even take less clothes with me, and much more to give away.
I don't care if you don't like it.
I was blessed to have a wonderful feeling of giving and seeing smiles.

You can't and won't take that away from me.

tieguy

Banned
I'm grateful that I gave to the poor.

And, I'm glad I done it.
And, if I go again, I will even take less clothes with me, and much more to give away.
I don't care if you don't like it.
I was blessed to have a wonderful feeling of giving and seeing smiles.

You can't and won't take that away from me.

In todays world with a perv on every corner and one story after another of your type of event turning into a child abuse story you are real lucky this goofy trip of yours did not get you locked up.

you realize that with your being a foriegn national and having the language barrier that all you needed was one parent telling the police that they thought you were trolling for kids and you might have spent the rest of your years in prison. There is no justice in a cuban prison.

P

pickup

The charity thread that became uncharitable. So bad feelings generated all around that stemmed from a discussion about a charity. It seems that United Way generates a lot of these discussions and not just in this company. All you have to do is google united way with a few choice verbs and see that this discussion and the associated negative feelings has and will continue to be generated.

It speaks for itself.

klein

Für Meno :)
In todays world with a perv on every corner and one story after another of your type of event turning into a child abuse story you are real lucky this goofy trip of yours did not get you locked up.

you realize that with your being a foriegn national and having the language barrier that all you needed was one parent telling the police that they thought you were trolling for kids and you might have spent the rest of your years in prison. There is no justice in a cuban prison.

I was NOT trolling for kids, read my original post !
I was asking adults if they had Babinos !!!!

Why would I give children stuff away to adults that don't have children ?

Are you so blind and ingnorant, to think it's wrong to give away gifts to the needy in person ?

mech1

If you had actually read all those posts like you claim then you would have seen the ones where I taked about the fact that your management team can no longer go online and see what you gave. A sharp contrast from your point of being forced. these threads often tack off into different directions. Your argument is another distraction to try to make things sound worse then they really are. The fact is you guys preach screwing those in need in order to screw ups. That is the real issue. you then try to tell me how you're all good citizens that drive down to your local charity every month and give generously. You and I know that is a bunch of crap. The fact is you have a lot of cheap coworkers that will try to hang on any excuse they can find to avoid helping better their community. Since you claim to give generously outside of work you really had no reason to jump in and be offended did you?
tell you what tie why don't you donate an extra buck in my name,because apparently if you don't give to the U.W in your eyes every other charity does not exist.Also charity does'nt have to have a dollar figure placed on it,giving your time is just as good or bringing gifts to unfortunate kids like klein does is an unselfish act of good will towards others, nice job klein I'am sure the famiy's appreciate your generosity.

tieguy

Banned
The charity thread that became uncharitable. So bad feelings generated all around that stemmed from a discussion about a charity. It seems that United Way generates a lot of these discussions and not just in this company. All you have to do is google united way with a few choice verbs and see that this discussion and the associated negative feelings has and will continue to be generated.

It speaks for itself.

in my opinion its because united way has become a way to get back at the boss for many. They no longer look at all the good all that money does to help their community. They don't look at the billion dollars upsers have generated to help make the world a better place. They just look at the chance to engage in some selfish revenge for whatever slight they feel the company has bestown on them.

I`m beginning to think that mech1 is Klein's second personality breaking through. The hostile angry one that counteracts the one desperate for someones love.

tieguy

Banned
I`m beginning to think that mech1 is Klein's second personality breaking through. The hostile angry one that counteracts the one desperate for someones love.

I'm constantly amazed how people jump into a discussion and make up something they think I said. Kleins little santa claus in a speedo routine was a nice diversion. :happy2:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I thought the campaign was over on Friday.

I predict that the goal will be missed by a considerable amount.

I didn't see any activity going on this year and a significant portion of people seem to not even be aware of, or interested in, the campaign.

Toshiro Hitsugaya

I did not read all 36 pages of this thread, but for my hub, it was always forced upon the managment that we had to donate to UW. While I would reverse it later one due to the fact 1) I do not like the way UW handle and distrubutes the donations monetary or otherwise (used to do volunteer work for them) 2) I am an active volunteer with otther orginazitions and 3) I already donate to other global charities. 4) Once again not sure if this is just my hub, but they force us to donate $3 a week, the maximum because we are management no matter that we are only making $23K.

While others believe whole-heartedly in UW I do not, so those who do believe in UW go ahead and donate to them, but until I see some changes in the way they do things they will not get my support.

tieguy

Banned
I did not read all 36 pages of this thread, but for my hub, it was always forced upon the managment that we had to donate to UW. While I would reverse it later one due to the fact 1) I do not like the way UW handle and distrubutes the donations monetary or otherwise (used to do volunteer work for them) 2) I am an active volunteer with otther orginazitions and 3) I already donate to other global charities. 4) Once again not sure if this is just my hub, but they force us to donate $3 a week, the maximum because we are management no matter that we are only making $23K.

While others believe whole-heartedly in UW I do not, so those who do believe in UW go ahead and donate to them, but until I see some changes in the way they do things they will not get my support.

I'm confused your forced to donate or you not supporting them?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Congratulations on your first official post, here at the Brown Cafe.

mech1

in my opinion its because united way has become a way to get back at the boss for many. They no longer look at all the good all that money does to help their community. They don't look at the billion dollars upsers have generated to help make the world a better place. They just look at the chance to engage in some selfish revenge for whatever slight they feel the company has bestown on them.
And who makes like that, take a guess, the mgmt team in place what I decide to give is it I don't want to be told I have to give more.It's my choice to deem the amount is'nt it?