Up or Down???

tieguy

Banned
So, I've been working for UPS for 3 months now. I started back in July as a preloader and was then moved to pick-off and I was told today that I am being moved to the route slide and part time clerk and then in December, I will become a full time clerk and drop the route slide... I'm just curious what the intentions of my supervisors are. Is this a promotion of sorts? Or am I just moving sideways? Can anyone who has clerked or worked on the route slide give me some info on what I can expect or how routing compares to being a pick off?

we only let the brainiacs work our route slide. You must be one of those intellects.:happy-very:

Seems like they have a lot of interest in moving you into whats probably a better position in the building you can either accept the move or ask how you were selected.

I wouldn't worry that some sup does not have the confidence you can do the job. UPSers have to prove theirselves every day.

I don't understand why they think they can give you a full time job in january. Seems like the job would be bid by seniority?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
we only let the brainiacs work our route slide. You must be one of those intellects.:happy-very:

Seems like they have a lot of interest in moving you into whats probably a better position in the building you can either accept the move or ask how you were selected.

I wouldn't worry that some sup does not have the confidence you can do the job. UPSers have to prove theirselves every day.

I don't understand why they think they can give you a full time job in january. Seems like the job would be bid by seniority?

I agree with all of that. I think she meant she will be "full-time" as in all of her hours in one area, rather than split between areas, not as in a full-time 8 hr job. Though, I've heard stranger things ...