Upcoming interview, question about background check

MMLopez883

Hi All, yes I know this is another one of those background check questions but I scoured the forums and didn't find any info that quite answered my question so here I am.

I have an interview for a package handler job in two days. It's part time seasonal job and I would really love to get this job.

Anyway, on the application they only asked if I had any felonies, which I don't. I do however have two class C misdamenors from six years ago (almost 7!) in 2009. They were misdamenors for theft under $50.

Does anyone know if I will be automatically disqualified since they are theft related misdamenors? They were over 6 years ago so I don't know if HR might take that into consideration. I will definitely be upfront about it in the interview. Just wondering if anyone here knows or has been hired by UPS with past theft misdamenors on their record.

Also, they did not ask for my SS # on the application. Don't they usually need that to do a background check?

Thanks!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi All, yes I know this is another one of those background check questions but I scoured the forums and didn't find any info that quite answered my question so here I am.

I have an interview for a package handler job in two days. It's part time seasonal job and I would really love to get this job.

Anyway, on the application they only asked if I had any felonies, which I don't. I do however have two class C misdamenors from six years ago (almost 7!) in 2009. They were misdamenors for theft under $50.

Does anyone know if I will be automatically disqualified since they are theft related misdamenors? They were over 6 years ago so I don't know if HR might take that into consideration. I will definitely be upfront about it in the interview. Just wondering if anyone here knows or has been hired by UPS with past theft misdamenors on their record.

Also, they did not ask for my SS # on the application. Don't they usually need that to do a background check?

Thanks!
So what'd ya steal

upschuck

I wouldn't volunteer the information, but if asked, or implied, tell them the truth. Background checks come back yes or no according to criteria UPS tells the broker to check.

chris9834

Its a class c there is a statue of limitations if it is that old you will be fine. Besides in my bldg they hire felons depending on what kind of felonies of course good luck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I stole dog food because I was homeless at the time and needed to feed my dog.
Not saying stealing is right but i feel ya Youngblood doing what you did. Weve all done stupid stuff in our life because of desperation or other scenarios that pop up in this crazy thing we call life. Id be patient with it and wouldnt say anything about it unless they inquire about it. If it pops up just be brutally honest with them about it n be sincere about it, which from your story if its true, i believe you made a decision out of desperation or what you had to do. Like i said doesnt make it right but stuff happens dude. Good luck young man.;)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
images

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Don't answer a question they don't ask you by telling them things that can only hurt your chances. Other than that, just be honest. No one likes to see a man's dog go hungry.

MMLopez883

Wow-sorry for everyone who was waiting for an update on how things went. I never got any email notifications that there were more comments on this thread. ANYway-I went for the group interview and honestly by the time we got called back by the interviewer to see if we wanted to schedule an individual interview I already knew the job wasn't right for me. So The possible background check didn't end up mattering. I found holiday work at another place. Thanks for everyone's advice!