ups bent me over big time and the union...Termination

Billy

why would you enter the SAP program if you were taking a legally prescribed medication?
I am not against you, but I'd like to hear the answer to this.
A lawyer may be a good choice for you. Sure sounds like nobody believes your story. I think when one gets upset about an incident that it becomes easy to brush over things, or even forget a few items. You will have to be sure to tell a lawyer the entire truth. Take some time to remember everything the exact way it happened. Otherwise you'll only be wasting your money on him/her.
We've had a few drivers that got help ( one of them twice ) and returned to work. Only one lost his job, but he was allegedly drunk at work when he got in a accident.

adam

Thanks man. Ya there is more to the story i just put some info down. Wy would i lie about this. I have all the details down. just o much to write. I'm not giving up.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Thanks man. Ya there is more to the story i just put some info down. Wy would i lie about this. I have all the details down. just o much to write. I'm not giving up.

??? Well if there's more to the story then post the rest...The posters here can't really give advice if they don't know everything...

adam

I got pulled over on the freeway by a chp. I jumped over two lanes and he said i was all over the road. The chp was a dick. he went to the back of the truck and got my bag out and started going through it, that's how he found my meds. and it doesn't say you can't drive well taking my meds.

drewed

Shankman
I got pulled over on the freeway by a chp. I jumped over two lanes and he said i was all over the road. The chp was a dick. he went to the back of the truck and got my bag out and started going through it, that's how he found my meds. and it doesn't say you can't drive well taking my meds.

Whyd you jump two lanes? Id consider that all over the road.....and he would have probably cause to see if you had something you werent supposed at that point..

...And yes it does, DOT regs say and depending on the drugs its still considered a controlled substance so in personal vehicle driving it could as well...

drewed

Shankman
You never answered why you think a discharge letter is different then a term letter?

drewed

Shankman
theyre the same thing where i come from...most of those drivers got one and are still driving correct? so it wouldnt of meant much to them....

adam

thats an admission of guilt from most peoples standpoint....
I have a family to take care of i will do what it takes to get my job back. I have no guilt I got hurt on the job and was taking meds from there doc. Never been in trouble with drugs or drinking. So No I have no guilt.

drewed

Shankman
Im not saying you have guilt.....im saying from an outsider looking in, that would be an admission of guilt...i dont know if an arbitrator will see it that way, but i think the general consensus is that it is.

and it doesnt matter it was from their doctor, they have no access to your health records.

P

pickup

Let me flesh this issue out a little. If I am on a medicine (prescribed or over the counter) that states " warning may cause drowsiness, do not use while driving or operating heavy equipment" and I am under its influence while driving, if proven I was driving while using it, that would be a dui. No? Yes? Did you tell the chp that you took one of these recently?

adam

Let me flesh this issue out a little. If I am on a medicine (prescribed or over the counter) that states " warning may cause drowsiness, do not use while driving or operating heavy equipment" and I am under its influence while driving, if proven I was driving while using it, that would be a dui. No? Yes? Did you tell the chp that you took one of these recently?
My meds didn't say may not take while driving. The doc new i was a driver and said it was ok. the meds say take as needed. Yes the chp asked if i took some and i said Yes. I had nothing to hide.

drewed

Shankman

I googled it, looks like the general consensus is yes they can be, some states specify RX drugs but Id imagine if benadryl hits ya the wrong way it could be as well.

drewed

Shankman
My meds didn't say may not take while driving. The doc new i was a driver and said it was ok. the meds say take as needed. Yes the chp asked if i took some and i said Yes. I had nothing to hide.
So whats your defense about the jumping lanes?