UPS Brown Derby Jackets - Old School- Uniform- Need Info

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I still wear the UPS issued raincoat/winter coat they gave out in the 80's drives them nuts. I no longer have the liner that went to it.Some guys have the liner and wear that.The liner drives them even crazier !!!

Thanks covemaster, ya the brown derby made for ups had more of a canvas feeling but the interior was soft, knit collar and sleeve....ya the lining made the derby and the ups driver....my dad was a loader in the 1960s in oakland...i remember his brown derbys, then as kids and tuffs, we wore the black ones

the ups guys i see these days, well the new jackets just dont cut it.....

I wonder if UPS has a warehouse full of old style derby jackets stashed away....\

anyways. any more UPS derby jacket information would be appreciated....with the old uniforms jackets

D

Dis-organized Labor

No one is confused.

Have you ever posted to a forum before? We know you specifically want to know about "derby" jackets. But the discussion has broadened to include other types of jackets. Conversations deviating from the original topic are a common occurence in life, especially on internet forums.

Chill, you will get as much information as people choose to give or know.

Along with information you don't want at all :happy2:.

Recent fossil evidence has been dated to show that turkeys have roamed the Americas for about 10 million years:cheers:

I would be interested to know how man UPS uniform jackets have been issued over the years....apart from the derby years ago. Or anyone have any pictures of old
ups hats, jackets, or current stuff.....to post or send...

thanks

11-d[1].jpgUPS Brown Derby of san francisco - old school daysbrderb3[1].jpg
brderb3[1].jpg
11-d[1].jpg

this is a picuter of an old school UPS uniform jacket made by Derby that I own... derby jackets are being re made again, as these old uniform jackets were worn by west coast ups guys years ago....
not sure if ups issues them nationwide back then.

here it is.ups..jpg
ups..jpg

Leftinbuilding

I still have the jacket pictured. However there WAS an Ike jacket issued prior to these. A it WAS called an Ike. Talking two completely different jackets. The Ike was my favorite of all.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I thought the Ike jackets and old caps were cool looking, I wish I had them. I still have my first jacket that was issued when I started driving in 1984, its the nylon one with the zip out lining.

stephyt75

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but is there a website or anywhere I can order a UPS sweatshirt? My dad is a retired UPS man of 33 years and his is falling apart. I'd love to get him a new one and surprise him but I have no idea where to find them. Can anyone help?

Bmany

Can anyone old school ups tell me about the original UPS brown derby ups jackes that were worn for years. Derby jackets were made in s.friend. until the 1980's i see some derbys on e bay for over 100 bucks

I would like to know if any old school or new school ups guys and gals
remember the derby jackets, etc

thank you
I don't know if i'm old school but I started driving in '77 and retired in '06. I still have my IKE jacket, and it still fits. Plain brown, no logos, and I'm keeping it.
Over the years we had a few jackets. One was like a thin ski parka. Nasty thing, it turned greenish yellow as it aged, and looked awful. Many people will remember that one, thru the 80's. I also have a very nice 90's issued short jac with elastic waistband, and pen pocket (sign on WHAT line?) and the old logo. Won't be selling that one either. It was the best one.

Back in the day we had no logos, but everyone knew us because our package cars were spotless, our leather only shoes were shined, and we were well groomed and professional. No shorts, no goofy hats, no yellow socks, no rain gear, no cell phones or even pagers, and no computer to tell us everything we needed to know. We kept 3x5 cards in shoeboxes with info on them about how to find peoples homes out in the rural areas. Go on vacation? Gave the shoe box to the cover driver.

But we built a fine company to pass onto you younger drivers. You have a great job. Stop bitching all the time about every little thing. Remember, nobody came to you begging you to come work at UPS. You came to UPS and asked for a job. You got lucky, guys!
Maybe I am old school.