ups ceo total compensation package

Griff

Compare it to the compensation package for other Fortune 500 company CEO's and you will see that he is relatively underpaid.

Not that we should hold a bake sale for him any time soon.

You have to admit that the IC model does make a lot of sense from a strictly business point of view.

It's called logical thought processing and discourse.

We understand your confusion. :panicsmiley:

There's nothing logical about it. You two fox news watchers are about as sharp as a marble.

Corporate greed has been a massive problem for decades, it came to a head in '08-'09 and the final leg of the bilking of the american taxpayer/worker is still being played out as we speak. Money printing, equity and commodities manipulation, rampant corporatism. Where do you think this is all heading Mr. Logic???? Scott's 13 million will be worth as much as you have in your pocket right now by the time helicopter ben gets done with the US dollar.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There's nothing logical about it. You two fox news watchers are about as sharp as a marble.

Corporate greed has been a massive problem for decades, it came to a head in '08-'09 and the final leg of the bilking of the american taxpayer/worker is still being played out as we speak. Money printing, equity and commodities manipulation, rampant corporatism. Where do you think this is all heading Mr. Logic???? Scott's 13 million will be worth as much as you have in your pocket right now by the time helicopter ben gets done with the US dollar.

I enjoy your posts and I keep the "best" bookmarked.
Anytime I am feeling badly about myself, I read a couple of your posts and suddenly I feel much better about myself. :tinfoilhatsmile:

Thanks for enhancing my self esteem.

Brother Joe

Gee, we can just wait for the annual Parade magazine to find out what everybody earns and it would be as relevent as looking at a certain CEO's pay.
What business is it of yours...........don't you get a paycheck? You'll drive yourself batty comparing wealth. Just relax and realize, that in this big world, you are probably in the top 10% of earners.

It is the business of all Teamsters. The more the suits get, the less we get. The people who do the least get paid the most. The ceo didn't ever work at ups. He didn't handle packages & break a sweat. He sits in an office with his feet on the desk having caviar & cognac, smoking a cigar, while its our sweat & blood that creates the wealth. The company changed after we went on strike in 97 it changed even more after it went public. Its headed down that road of wealth disparity that is the cause of the economic collapse of the usa.

Brother Joe

*gets on soap box*

The turkey is principle. The turkey also affected more than employees. Christmas turkey was a tradition for many UPS families. Speaking for my family, we had spiral cut ham last Christmas and the topic was raised by family guests about why there wasn't turkey.

Like every other corporation, UPS is sterile in its approach to employees and the turkeys were an annual reminder that there was a bit of humanity at UPS. We told stories about Jim Casey and gold coins and you felt like you were part of history.

It is something tangible that you can say was a corporate decision. Harassment... the incentives might come from corporate but I doubt harassment is a corporate policy.

The turkeys will be remembered for at least the next 30 years at the end of Peak Season. Will you remember what routes were cut on May 4, 2012 in 30 years? Is there bigger things to be concerned with than turkeys... of course.

The turkeys are emblematic of corporate UPS and it affected all UPS employees evenly so it is something we can all identify with. It serves as an annual reminder that things just aren't what they once were...

*climbs down from soap box*
Grievance were filed around the country. Some have been won others are still going through the process.

Brother Joe

AND ???..Remember you are a feeder driver or a package driver ???....what do you want to earn $ 200,000 a year for moving packages.......Go back to school, get a law degree, and than charge $ 300.00 an hour for your services......just like the lawyers you TDU troublemakers hired !!

I want the working class to get all the wealth they create!
TDU lawyers beat ups lawyers!
If you ain't been called a troublemaker you ain't done jack!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I want the working class to get all the wealth they create!
TDU lawyers beat ups lawyers!
If you ain't been called a troublemaker you ain't done jack!

There is nothing wrong with the "working class" getting all they can in a negotiation process.
However, if the "working class" got all the "wealth" they created by their efforts, that would eventually decrease to close to zero.
People, horses, oxen, dogs, etc. that create wealth through their effort have realy done nothing other than contribute their time and effort.
The wealth was created because others came up with ideas, planned the effort and process, took the risk and then controlled the process and effort to produce the wealth.

One of the things I learned early on in life is that if I was not able to create more revenue or cost savings than I was being paid, I should be worried.

Brother Joe

There is nothing wrong with the "working class" getting all they can in a negotiation process.
However, if the "working class" got all the "wealth" they created by their efforts, that would eventually decrease to close to zero.
People, horses, oxen, dogs, etc. that create wealth through their effort have realy done nothing other than contribute their time and effort.
The wealth was created because others came up with ideas, planned the effort and process, took the risk and then controlled the process and effort to produce the wealth.

One of the things I learned early on in life is that if I was not able to create more revenue or cost savings than I was being paid, I should be worried.

The working class give up the best years of their life enduring hard physical labor to meet their basic needs to make someone filthy rich who has not done anything to add value to the product or sevice & you say they have done nothing. The most lazy & greedy come up with ideas so they can get rich without having to do any work themselves. What risks do they take compared to the working class whos bodies are tore up from the floor up working for these companys that speed up production. Not to mention all the people that die from work related issues. ups has worked people to death! Don't come to me about risk until you can bring to life my Teamster Brother ups killed!

oldmetrony

The working class give up the best years of their life enduring hard physical labor to meet their basic needs to make someone filthy rich who has not done anything to add value to the product or sevice & you say they have done nothing. The most lazy & greedy come up with ideas so they can get rich without having to do any work themselves. What risks do they take compared to the working class whos bodies are tore up from the floor up working for these companys that speed up production. Not to mention all the people that die from work related issues. ups has worked people to death! Don't come to me about risk until you can bring to life my Teamster Brother ups killed!
​Managers manage and workers work ! Thats what we get paid to do...WORK. If you had any b--ls and wanted to make more money than you make now you would have taken the RISK and gone into a managerial position. Personially I did not want any part of management so I get paid a working mans wage and do not expect to get paid the same as someone who took the RISK with ZERO union protection. Now "Brother Joe" get a life and stop being so bitter...you are going to give yourself a heart attack.

kingOFchester

I got my flame resistant robe on, So here goes nothing.

Lets say that Scott Davis is over paid. 13million and slash it down to 150k. Spread the rest of his compensation around the the other 400k employees. We would all get 32dollars for the year. WOW. That won't even get me a half a tank of gas.

I do admit that top CEO's are over compensated. But it is what it is and I want UPS to attract the best of the best to ensure the future of the company, my job. If the CEO job at UPS only paid a small percent of what major companies pay their CEO's, we could have a guy/gal at the helm that doesn't keep UPS viable.

AGAIN, I agree that the pay for CEO's are crazy high. But that is what it is. I want UPS to be competitive when hiring a CEO in regards to the compensation of its captain. UPS is showing good profits considering the economy. I get paid well over other blue collar workers doing the same or close to what I do for a fraction of my total compensation. If I screw up, and just do everything wrong, pissing off shippers, have accidents every few blocks, deliver every package to the wrong house.......UPS will go on. I would barely be a bump in the road. If our CEO screws up BIG time, it could be the beginning of the end for UPS. I want the best of the best running UPS so that we continue to make profits that sustain my employment and pay package.

Alright, flame away.

oldmetrony

Lets say that Scott Davis is over paid. 13million and slash it down to 150k. Spread the rest of his compensation around the the other 400k employees. We would all get 32dollars for the year. WOW. That won't even get me a half a tank of gas.

I do admit that top CEO's are over compensated. But it is what it is and I want UPS to attract the best of the best to ensure the future of the company, my job. If the CEO job at UPS only paid a small percent of what major companies pay their CEO's, we could have a guy/gal at the helm that doesn't keep UPS viable.

AGAIN, I agree that the pay for CEO's are crazy high. But that is what it is. I want UPS to be competitive when hiring a CEO in regards to the compensation of its captain. UPS is showing good profits considering the economy. I get paid well over other blue collar workers doing the same or close to what I do for a fraction of my total compensation. If I screw up, and just do everything wrong, pissing off shippers, have accidents every few blocks, deliver every package to the wrong house.......UPS will go on. I would barely be a bump in the road. If our CEO screws up BIG time, it could be the beginning of the end for UPS. I want the best of the best running UPS so that we continue to make profits that sustain my employment and pay package.

Alright, flame away.
​Nicely said.....good job.

Brother Joe

​Managers manage and workers work ! Thats what we get paid to do...WORK. If you had any b--ls and wanted to make more money than you make now you would have taken the RISK and gone into a managerial position. I got the biggest balls in the history of balls, somebody should tie your ovaries girl! I don't want to be rich if it means others have to be poor. I do want the wealth I created though. I put it on the line defending the members & enforcing the contract everyday. Because of that I am harassed on a regular basis. More work is put upon me, it would kill a lesser man. My job is threatened ect..That could be a thread in itself. Tell me what risk does management take besides the golden collar? Members are fired for what management does on a regular basis. When management does something wrong they usually just send them to another building and thats only when the union catches them. Why would I want to become what I hate? How ignorant are you? I utterly despise the blood sucking leaches. Personially I did not want any part of management so I get paid a working mans wage and do not expect to get paid the same as someone who took the RISK with ZERO union protection. Why didn't you want any part of management? It seems you would fit in with them real well. Your defending them and that whole ideology, that they deserve that money for risking absolutely nothing. They should be paying you extra for that. Why would they if you give it away for free though. Now "Brother Joe" get a life Im a heart breaker & a life taker, ha. I've lived a full life. I've been around the world I've seen somethings. I'm mister international. Why dont you do something to build the union instead of knocking someone who does? and stop being so bitter...I prefer being motivated. you are going to give yourself a heart attack. I could only hope, it would be workmans comp directly related to my working conditions.
acdc-big balls - YouTube

oldmetrony

AC/DC REALLY ?? Tell me, are you toking when you rant and rave ? Like I said before you are just a bitter agitator who wants to fight about anything and everything, what a waste. Well I am not going to waste too many more words on you, most non TDU people can tell what a horses a-- you are. Before I go a bit of advice, poor yourself a really good expensive scotch and listen to some SINATRA, it might mellow you and calm your anger and hatred. Instead of this ::fightings: Attempt this ::grouphugg:

Brother Joe

Alright, flame away.
Even if all ceo pay was limited to a million or 10 times what the highest paid worker made would be an improvement. That $32 would be a start. The whole list of them need to be cut. Cut the pay all the way down the management food chain. Then it would be a whole lot more than $32, Fire a bunch of part time sups, then they couldn't have a bunch of them to do our work. They always use that tired excuse that they have to pay to attract the best. Well how about using that same logic when they hire hourlies? I don't here them saying that then. We do the work, what we do is what matters. The drivers are the face of the company to the customers. The inside employees do the work to get it in the trucks. It is the workers that matters. They could not function without workers. We would do just fine without leeches, uh I mean bosses.

GSO_Dave

Here's an idea...

Since it seems that Mr. Davis' compensation is augmented by stock,
augment the hourly's pay in a similar manner.
(Source: UPS Chairman Davis’ total comp rises to $13.1M - Atlanta Business Chronicle )

I'm not suggesting an augmentation that would boost hourly's compensation
to match the suits, but one that one that would reward hourly's for when the
company does well, much like the suits are.

Perhaps a share a year, based on years of service? Something like 1 year of
service gets you one share (or a fraction of one), two years gets two shares,
and so on. From what I've read, somewhere, UPS is buying back stock. So, it
probably isn't too much of a stretch to think that this could be done.

Just a thought...

brown_trousers

Here's an idea...

Since it seems that Mr. Davis' compensation is augmented by stock,
augment the hourly's pay in a similar manner.
(Source: UPS Chairman Davis’ total comp rises to $13.1M - Atlanta Business Chronicle )

I'm not suggesting an augmentation that would boost hourly's compensation
to match the suits, but one that one that would reward hourly's for when the
company does well, much like the suits are.

Perhaps a share a year, based on years of service? Something like 1 year of
service gets you one share (or a fraction of one), two years gets two shares,
and so on. From what I've read, somewhere, UPS is buying back stock. So, it
probably isn't too much of a stretch to think that this could be done.

Just a thought...

its a good idea. And it is the one of the very principles UPS was founded upon, employee ownership, according to Jim Casey.

But it is unlikely that the modern UPS would really adhere to those values

Catatonic

Nine Lives
its a good idea. And it is the one of the very principles UPS was founded upon, employee ownership, according to Jim Casey.

But it is unlikely that the modern UPS would really adhere to those values

It's even more unlikely that the Teamster's would agree to it.
It does not fit the Union approach.

UPS actually tried this in the past along with other non-wage compensations.
Although a few bonus payments did get through, the Union was not happy about it.

Also, you can buy UPS stock anytime you want to with your leftover wages.
I believe you are eligible for the DESPP which gets you the same thing at your option.

The MIP where UPS gets stock, RSU's or cash, is not an augmentation to their salary.
It is part of their compensation and is presented as such to new hires.
I imagine most suits would rather have the stock award in their salary these days.

DS

Fenderbender
I know crap about this stuff but I'm gonna speak anyway.
Hoke said it's anti teamsters for ups to offer stock to hourlies ?
I think they have no right meddling in our investments.
The idea of offering stock and a small raise in the next contract,
could improve both morale and production.
3 shares for a years safe driving,or one for no late air or anything to make the job at least appear to be positive for both management and hourlies.I have no ups stock,I'd rather earn it than buy it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I know crap about this stuff but I'm gonna speak anyway.
Hoke said it's anti teamsters for ups to offer stock to hourlies ?
I think they have no right meddling in our investments.
The idea of offering stock and a small raise in the next contract,
could improve both morale and production.
3 shares for a years safe driving,or one for no late air or anything to make the job at least appear to be positive for both management and hourlies.I have no ups stock,I'd rather earn it than buy it.
Much like everything else at UPS, meeting goals is subjective to the person making those goals. I have 20 air and the guy next to me has 0 because he has a bulk stop in the morning. Someone mentioned on here that a dog in the street that gets hit now qualifies as an accident. The problem with merit based rewards is they can be used by management to encourage bad behavior and discourage honesty. Not to mention when the body in charge sets standards (plan day) who's to say those goals are physically able to be reached?

As far as UPS stock as a reward, you have to hold onto it for 2 years I believe before you can sell. I'd rather purchase it myself and not have any restrictions on when I can sell my stock that I bought with my money. Correct me if I'm wrong but they changed the discount from 10 to 5 now? I'll pass, just give me my money so I can purchase what I want when I want.