UPS could easily make more profits! Simple common sense!

rudy5150

Honestly Rudy5150.... I think it makes more sense to use "UPS Math" and pay 30 drivers $42/hour (OT) considering that no driver gets off in 8 hours anymore. That 30 minutes loading their package cars basically equates to 30 minutes more OT for the driver.

True Story - What about the center getting charged with "AM" time..you may ask? Well...if you were a supervisor in our center...you would "sneak" back in around 11:30 PM......get into the timecards (older PTE)..not GTS.. and make "edits" to all those excessive AM times. Sure...the driver gets paid the same but the center manager and supervisors don't have to deal with those nasty conference calls. Why is it that UPS Corporate does not want to know the truth... and that they force so many people to compromise their integrity?

UPS - The most "Penny Wise - Pound Foolish" Company in America. Fortunately UPS has "deep pockets" which allow it to autocorrect from it's blunders.

Inside UPS hit the nail on the head!!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS could easily make more profits! Simple commen sense!

No doubt we could make more money. As efficient as we are still nowhere near what we could be. Plus we raise prices every year anyway. We always make more.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I put correct information in, they can code it however they want as long as I get paid. If they get in trouble for editing timecards or coding stuff incorrectly that's on them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I put correct information in, they can code it however they want as long as I get paid. If they get in trouble for editing timecards or coding stuff incorrectly that's on them.
Correct me if I am wrong, the Dm must approve of time and hours-worked before going to payroll. Therefore, he/she instructs lower mgmt to alter time cards and "coding" to fit into the system so it works. This is where people are shaved, the checks and balances occur.

I always wondered how someone could work under those conditions; being a sacrificial lamb so to speak. The people above generally don't get their hands dirty, do they?

Honestly Rudy5150.... I think it makes more sense to use "UPS Math" and pay 30 drivers $42/hour (OT) considering that no driver gets off in 8 hours anymore. That 30 minutes loading their package cars basically equates to 30 minutes more OT for the driver.

True Story - What about the center getting charged with "AM" time..you may ask? Well...if you were a supervisor in our center...you would "sneak" back in around 11:30 PM......get into the timecards (older PTE)..not GTS.. and make "edits" to all those excessive AM times. Sure...the driver gets paid the same but the center manager and supervisors don't have to deal with those nasty conference calls. Why is it that UPS Corporate does not want to know the truth... and that they force so many people to compromise their integrity?

UPS - The most "Penny Wise - Pound Foolish" Company in America. Fortunately UPS has "deep pockets" which allow it to autocorrect from it's blunders.

Inside UPS hit the nail on the head!!!!!
Thats why I always keep a notebook. There have been several times in my career , where they said i did X amount of stops per hour. Or they said you had too much excess hours in the A.M. I even had one boss (who thought he had balls) saying you notebook does not reflect the correct times and stops per hour! Really Really...Why in the flying fudge would I lie to myself?? oh Im sorry we have have to look into it!...Lying mother

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Correct me if I am wrong, the Dm must approve of time and hours-worked before going to payroll. Therefore, he/she instructs lower mgmt to alter time cards and "coding" to fit into the system so it works. This is where people are shaved, the checks and balances occur.

I always wondered how someone could work under those conditions; being a sacrificial lamb so to speak. The people above generally don't get their hands dirty, do they?
It works the same way with the unethical driver/sup relationship, they don't ask how they get the results until a third party comes in to audit because of an issue. At that point they claim they should have known better and terminate the same employee they looked away blindly to when he was producing.

DS

Fenderbender
OK I gotta speak up! What is this thread about?
The OP made no sense to me and it just keeps on going.
Changing time cards without the employees knowledge if a cardinal sin.
Getting fired for production is a guarantee you'll be back soon.
You just can't do this stuff.
What I have seen is too many overzealous center manager's that take a dislike to
certain people and make their life unbearable to the point where they just quit.

InsideUPS

OK I gotta speak up! What is this thread about?
The OP made no sense to me and it just keeps on going.
Changing time cards without the employees knowledge if a cardinal sin.
Getting fired for production is a guarantee you'll be back soon.
You just can't do this stuff.
What I have seen is too many overzealous center manager's that take a dislike to
certain people and make their life unbearable to the point where they just quit.

Okay DS.... Here is the explanation for the OP (Rudy5150)..... This thread was split off another thread about using crayons or peeling labels.... Rudy copied my comments and started a new thread...but did not include what I was responding to... Hope this helps some...

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...use-crayons-to-write-sequence-numbers.349016/

Re: Being forced to use crayons to write sequance numbers..
rudy5150 said:
Originally Posted by rudy5150
Managment really doesnt care about load quality. They only care about misloads. If they cared about load quality they would give adequate time to the pre-load shift for loaders to organize their trucks, not give some loaders 5 trucks to load, not harass loaders about stacking which makes certain loaders panic and place packages anywhere in truck just so they arent stacked outside. That makes me laugh because some supervisors think that if a loader doesnt have any packages stacked outside his or her truck makes them a GReat Loader. Consistanly drivers end up loading their own trucks because the preload isnt given enough time. So what makes more sense....paying 18 preloaders an average of $15 an hour for 30 minutes or paying 30 drivers $32 an hour for 30 minutes?

InsideUPS said:

UPS - The most "Penny Wise - Pound Foolish" Company in America. Fortunately UPS has "deep pockets" which allows it to autocorrect from it's blunders.

NOTE: For a long time....UPS management never realized there were "Audit Logs" within PTE.. Any edit would mark who changed the card and what time it was changed. The new GTS also has a more sophisticated audit log system.

Changing an employees timecard is not a "cardinal" sin unless you get caught. Many supervisors and center managers "tweak" AM and PM times which does NOT result in any shortage or overage to the driver. It simply makes center reports more acceptable to upper management (DM).​

Last edited: