UPS Delivery truck hit car - and left.

bhagen

Last night my ex-wifes car was hit, while parked, by a UPS truck. By the note left by a witness, the driverless UPS truck rolled into the car, pushing it sideways into another parking space. The driver must have returned to the truck and seen the accident, but just left.

What is the normal procedure in something like this? Shouldn't the driver have alerted someone? Isn't this Hit and Run?

Last night my ex-wifes car was hit, while parked, by a UPS truck. By the note left by a witness, the driverless UPS truck rolled into the car, pushing it sideways into another parking space. The driver must have returned to the truck and seen the accident, but just left.

What is the normal procedure in something like this? Shouldn't the driver have alerted someone? Isn't this Hit and Run?
Wenalwaysbhit cars,when they are in our way. DONT double park next time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Waah....she's your ex..sounds like her problem, not yours.

bhagen

No rumor. Witnesses. Police are currently interviewing driver of truck. He will be charged with Hit and Run. Next time guys.. use your emergency brake and don't leave it in neutral.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No rumor. Witnesses. Police are currently interviewing driver of truck. He will be charged with Hit and Run. Next time guys.. use your emergency brake and don't leave it in neutral.
Thanks for the tip....now get back to your daytime tv in your.mother's basement....and that Xbox isn't going to play itself.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Your beat... Get over it..

laffter

I understand you're looking for some detailed insight on the matter, but you're not likely to find that here, especially when it can cost a fellow UPSer his job.

The answer to your question(s) is fairly common sense. She files a claim through her insurance provider and explains what happened. She also calls UPS and does the same. It'll be up to those two parties to work it out.

If management investigates the issue and finds damage to the UPS truck in the same spot that struck the vehicle, the driver could be terminated on the spot or written up, depending ...

Last edited by a moderator: