UPS hands stockholders $700 million as workers face poverty wages

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know! Lobster isn't cheap
Lady in front of me today had food stamps. Basically nothing rang up right because it was all name brand and not allowed. Cashier did a little trick and magically it all worked.

If there's a cheaper option in store they should be forced to buy it.

Future

Victory Ride
Lady in front of me today had food stamps. Basically nothing rang up right because it was all name brand and not allowed. Cashier did a little trick and magically it all worked.

If there's a cheaper option in store they should be forced to buy it.
Hell ya .. hurry up with your cash money .... geeezzus

Time for change

Hard to feel bad for part-time lifers. Part-time work is not meant to be livable. If that were the case no one would want to work full-time with UPS. In any walk of life you are supposed to improve your situation by promotion or applying for another job instead of blaming others. I was a lowly part-time worker for years till my name came up and decided to be an adult and gain meaningful full-time employment.
You do realize many at UPS have had zero chance of any full time with over 10 years of service, right? Many of us work multiple jobs and are dependent on nobody. You are grossly out of touch and I commend many of the extremely hard working part timers that often put in more hours in a week than a driver. This insulting them right out of the union is really helping you all lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My guy its observable tax reality. If most of your income comes from the buying and selling of stock then that income is taxed at 15%. Wage earners on the other hand, lose over 30% through income taxes alone.
Lot more risk involved in buying and selling stocks than making a wage.

And while I do agree there shouldn't be any difference. I mean any difference for anyone. All income should be taxed at the same rate. Whether you make 10k or 10 million.

BrownRecycler

Lot more risk involved in buying and selling stocks than making a wage.

And while I do agree there shouldn't be any difference. I mean any difference for anyone. All income should be taxed at the same rate. Whether you make 10k or 10 million.

Risk and how to encourage particular income earners seems to be the factor toward setting the tax rate.