Ups iam national contract

JonFrum

. . .I've been trying to get a list of all 33 locals so we can not only see how we voted on this contract by contacting them, but it would be nice to exchange contracts with each other. . . .I've asked several union officials for a list of locals and they just ignore me.
Try searching for "Contributing Employer": United Parcel Service

705red

Browncafe Steward
Try searching for "Contributing Employer": United Parcel Service
Jon I would like to thank you for registering on this site because everyone of your posts are right on the money. You always help people with links etc.

You are a real asset to this forum, thanks!

JonFrum

Jon I would like to thank you for registering on this site because everyone of your posts are right on the money. You always help people with links etc.

You are a real asset to this forum, thanks!
Thanks! I like you too! :happy-very:

But that doesn't mean we should "get a room."
:st_patrick::rofl::st_patrick::rofl:

Boomer

we have 710 drivers here and when they go to other centers in differant states I'll have them tell the mechanics about the web site, if this contracts passes which i hope it doesn't that will give us 5 yrs. to get as many mechanics on this site;knowledge is power

astoneburner

That is what happened at the cach plant last contract,our ba tried to tell us the truth about the national contract and because the union just wanted the big pension money(my opinion) the iam national took over our local got rid of the ba and the president and rigged the vote--how you say(my opinion again) they set up the next vote in a farther location this time and reamed to us that your ba didnt tell you the truth,that he lied and was not correct...ect. ect..another mechanic this year told me he talked to boysen andersen(iam negotiator) after the vote on the phone and boysen said to him,somewhere in the conversation,well you had the opportunity to vote the national down last contract and didnt???(yea real opportunity huh)this guy is a total maroon,they are looking out for themselves and dont give a rats *ss about us.i've been trying to get a list of all 33 locals so we can not only see how we voted on this contract by contacting them,but it would be nice to exchange contracts with each other---i know how to use a copy machine--we keep selling out future members and we besides getting health care and little money are not getting enough for it in my opinion.now not only ups but our own union is going to get us going(union dues raise) and coming(take our pay raise plus regular pension raise for the pension fund) again they will take what they need.are all union members going to pony up to raise the pension fund or just ups mechanics?i've asked several union officials for a list of locals and they just ignore me--they don't want us to know anything more than they tell us.....more to come...some of the guys i work with will reconize whom this is please jump in and speak up.......
Central Ohio local 804.I Would be glad to share local contract and see other locals and I also have a fax machine. We vote today at 1pm will post results here when I return. They are probably not going to like me because I am writing a list of questions now before I show up and forget all the questions we need to have answered.

dikfor1

:angry:Hi,this is Dikfor from Dobson.
The IAM website says the votes will be done by today.
Funny,southern California and northern CA.
do not vote until next Sat. 8/25/09.
Did B.A. from D.C. go to the Chicago Public Schools
for math ?
Fraternally, Dikfor from Dobson
P.S. Has anyone seen Charlie "DOG" Booker ?
I heard he was working at FED-EX in Memphis.

705red

Browncafe Steward
:angry:Hi,this is Dikfor from Dobson.
The IAM website says the votes will be done by today.
Funny,southern California and northern CA.
do not vote until next Sat. 8/25/09.
Did B.A. from D.C. go to the Chicago Public Schools
for math ?
Fraternally, Dikfor from Dobson
P.S. Has anyone seen Charlie "DOG" Booker ?
I heard he was working at FED-EX in Memphis.
Dobson has closed, how can you still be working there?

me1518

I too agree with Ozzalien about the contract. I have been in the IAM for 30 years, 18 of those years have been with UPS. Never have i seen, a more piss pore representation from our BA from 701 and Boyson Anderson at the IAM.

I believe we are throwing the new hires under the bus, just to get a contract from UPS. These same new hires are our future brothers voting on issues that will affect OUR RETIREMENT IN FUTURE CONTRACTS.
As we all know gentlemen, there is an old saying,

"What goes around comes around."

I would like to know and get in contact with the other 33 IAM shops to discuses their local issues.

I can only hope that all of our IAM shops would have the common sense to vote this contract DOWN.
If we don't as a whole vote this contract
DOWN, it will come back and bite us in our a**.

This happened on our last contract here in the Fresno CA area, the new hires got thrown under the bus. I didn't like it then and voiced my concerns, no one cared as long as they got theirs, to hell with the new hires, well we were new hires at one time.
We opened the door back then to show UPS an IAM that they could start taking away.
Whatever the vote out come is I just want us all to unite and start sticking together, the saying united we stand, divided we fall has alot of truth.
Don't be fooled either, anyone can get on brown cafe can be a poser, UPS mangement or IAM, let's use our heads and work together.
I don't want a strike, but I hope if the contract fails both parties get together and give us a better contract and more time to talk it over amongst ourselves.

UPS GRAYS

We were told when we went to vote 3 weeks ago that UPS gave us $.90 a year minus $.35 for health care in each year of the contract. That left us $.55 a year to put into pension/annuity as we see fit.

In other words, we get $.35 each year for health and welfare and this doesn't come off the actual raise, so are raises are........

Year one: $.75
Tear Two: $.75
Year Three: $.85
Year Four: $.90
and Year five being what the teamsters get on their first year of their new contract.
Also worth noting, we do not get any split raises through the contract accept in year Five, If the teamsters get a split then we will as well! this is the information I have strait from My BA.:peaceful:

If this is what he told you then he lied to you. the 35 cents comes off your yearly raise if the IAM deems it needs it to shore up the pension.

astoneburner

Local 804
35 yes
8 no

Was told that votes are counted nation wide and the majority wins.
That means that if there is more yes than no then every local passes regardless of the count on that specific local!!!!
So i guess we just voted on everyone elses locals that we have no idea of what they are.

harleyrik

So every individual vote counts? Or if 17 of the 33 locals vote to accept it, the rest of us get the national and whatever local agreement our esteemed union negotiators have fought tirelessly, toe to toe against management, to win for us, gets rammed down our throats?

harleyrik

Thanks. I guess we should know something soon. Doesn't seem fair that someone in a different local decides whether or not my local contract gets ratified or not.

Rick

upswrench

If their is 3200 of us and 1601 vote yes and 1599 vote no the contract passes.
That's how I understood it.

Me Too

what blows my mind is when we voted yesterday we get one vote, and if the national passes all the locals are passed even if 701 voted it down because there local is messes up. It will be passes because everyone else voted yes??? And we have never seen 701 local so why would we vote it down it's just crazy .

me1518

We at Local 701 (Chicago) have tried to get our local Official to give us information about the Locals and Lodges that are affected by the UPS / IAM contract.
To this day we have not recieved any information. That is why we as a whole are in a mess with this National aggrement.
As it stands, no one should be voting on another Locals contract due to the fact that the issues regarding that contract are not the same.
Without details on other Locals work conditions or issues how can a member make a decision or vote on that contract.
I am loosing faith in my union to have my best interest in mind. Based upon their behavior, the officials just want to do whats easy for them!!!!