Ups installs keyless entry on trucks

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by mark123, Jan 18, 2011.

  1. mark123

    mark123 New Member

    Does anyone have any info on ups using non union workers to come in there automotive shops to install the keyless entry on there trucks, mechanics where not even offered this work, they said the union agreed on it. This is bs, we can not work any ot and they do this , can i file a grievance and be paid overtime wage to have them install them on my fleet?
     
  2. meo27

    meo27 New Member

    I don't know why you shouldn't be intitle for the overtime. You should greive it.
     
  3. mark123

    mark123 New Member

    I have a call out to the union rep, i will let u all know of info found out
     
  4. mark123

    mark123 New Member

    Union rep said they are sending out a company to train mechanics how to install them, they will be there to train ups mechanis. , T he union agreed to this part. ill let u no more when i found out if there complying to the deal. last nite it sounded like they where installing them not training the mechanic
     
  5. JonFrum

    JonFrum Member

    Are you in the Teamsters or the Machinists?

    This issue will probably need to be sorted out seperately with each union.
     
  6. mark123

    mark123 New Member

    teamster in indiana here. a company has gone in the shop in indianapolis, they said the company will do 75 percent of the work the ups mechanic will do the other 25 percent. doesnt sound like training to me
     
  7. SWORDFISH

    SWORDFISH New Member

    Sometimes I wonder if UPS is aware there is a little black book called a contract that we agree to work by.
     
  8. rod

    rod retired and happy

    All the vehicals had keyless entry in the 70's,80's and 90's. The keys were in the ignition and the door locks were jammed with crap to keep them from locking.
     
  9. menotyou

    menotyou bella amicizia

    Blue.
     
  10. SWORDFISH

    SWORDFISH New Member

    LOL.... Guess it depends on where your from as to what color your book is. Thats funny.
     
  11. menotyou

    menotyou bella amicizia

    I'm glad you saw the humor. Though, I didn't realize they had different color covers. LOL.
     
  12. FracusBrown

    FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

    What does the little black or blue book say about using contractors? I don't think it's a violation in most places.