UPS Introduces Rear View Cameras: A Win-Win Situation For Everyone

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Jul 13, 2007.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

2. dnj@keowee

dnj@keowee Guest

Got to be great for inept drivers. Cost vs. savings, like putting up a net to prevent the rain.

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Since we've had back up camera I don't miss those bubble mirrors at all!
  4. DS

DS Fenderbender

They are good and bad.The ability to see and hear what is directly behind you is a definate positive saftey feature.I found 2 kids on my bumper one evening that could not figure out how I found them.But drivers tend to get grow dependant on them and forget to check thier mirrors.
  5. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

Oh Boy!!!thats News To Me!
  6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I like my backup camera, I use it often. Good for backing to a dock, centering in middle of driveways, and have caught kids trying to hitch rides on my rear bumper. I use it only after looking in my rear view mirrors. Bad part about them is they look straight down, you don't see things like tree limbs, utility lines, and basketball goals. You miss children and dogs though.
  7. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

How is it you don't miss the convex mirrors? You still have to use them, even with the camera being there.
  8. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

This is old news, we have had cameras on the trucks in my building for years.
  9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I have only seen the original type, the black and white CRTs that are mounted from the top of the windshield. And yes, this is old news, we have had them for years. I have recently noticed that Fedex has finally got them.