UPS layoffs… what’s happening.

lurker123

If we have less work and they’re concerned with hours worked and budgets, are supervisors within a separate budget completely? I just want some balance. For every ten of us gone, they need to take one for the team too and lose a manager or supervisor.

If our pph is down and we are told we need to cut staff, why aren’t supervisors getting cut down? I guess that’s the gist of it. They’re seemingly doing less work than ever before. It’s kind of nice for them that they get to supervise less people and get less hours for more money. I don’t see much of a negative to be management at this point.
Management hours are not tracked the same way union hours are. Also, supervisors have a guaranteed salary paid each week. If they happen to work over 25hrs, their hourly rate kicks in on top of the guaranteed salary. Union hourlies have guaranteed hours available to them if they want to work.

Management doesn't have the job protection that union members have. You get laid off when the volume drops and brought back once it returns. The union negotiates your pay on your behalf while management only has merit increases.

lurker123

I was paid a great deal of money in grievances for them performing union work
Ok but you know what I meant. The master agreement covers work done by union members. Supervisors aren't union so of course the master agreement doesn't say when or if a supervisor gets let go.

UPSER1987

Management hours are not tracked the same way union hours are. Also, supervisors have a guaranteed salary paid each week. If they happen to work over 25hrs, their hourly rate kicks in on top of the guaranteed salary. Union hourlies have guaranteed hours available to them if they want to work.

Management doesn't have the job protection that union members have. You get laid off when the volume drops and brought back once it returns. The union negotiates your pay on your behalf while management only has merit increases.
Sounds like you need to go into management lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Normal Winter volume slump. It will pick up again with Spring and warmer weather.
Not so sure about that…we’re down over a million a day supposedly because of the threat of a strike and those customers signed contracts with the competition. And I have been seeing larger customers nordstroms, REI, etc using ontrac….things aren’t good now.

Not so sure about that…we’re down over a million a day supposedly because of the threat of a strike and those customers signed contracts with the competition. And I have been seeing larger customers nordstroms, REI, etc using ontrac….things aren’t good now.
Some companies started their own delivery services also

What's your ETA

Ordered a pair of shoes over the weekend from SVD in Spain, they shipped them thru Fed-X for $12, ( I've delivered a ton of stuff from them in the past) They arrived this morning. The driver looked about 90.