UPS Lifer's Brother hosting Travel Channel episode Sunday!

UPS Lifer

My brother Rand, is hosting a Travel Channel episode of "Meet the Natives"!!!

It is the "Orange County" California episode. It airs on Sunday at 9PM (MST/CST) or 10PM (PST/EST) depending on your location. Check your local listings for the Travel Channel.

This will give you an idea of what I deal with on my side of the family. If you have questions. I will answer anything I can and if I don't have the answer I will be seeing my family at Xmas and will ask them.

I have watched all the episodes so far - Montana - New York City - Peoria Ill ... and now Orange County CA and I am fascinated by how savvy these so called primitive natives are. They are tapped in to what is really the key to living.

I originally thought that the title "Meet the Natives" was about the people of the USA meeting the primitive natives of the South Pacific but now I am not sure if it means that the South Pacific tribe is meeting the "natives" of the USA ???

Or you can just google "Meet the Natives" and it will pop right up.

I am interested to get your reaction to my brother's family way of life. I have not seen the episode but I will be able to comment on how real it was once I see it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know about this. I'm not familiar with the show but it sounds really interesting, especially since I also live in OC.

I just set up the dvr.

BTW, the cable directory says that episode is on at 11 pm here.

I love how the description of their experience in OC is that the palm trees remind them of home but they are baffled by botox parties and people infatuated with their own appearance... yep... that's OC.

D

Dis-organized Labor

My brother Rand, is hosting a Travel Channel episode of "Meet the Natives"!!!

It is the "Orange County" California episode. It airs on Sunday at 9PM (MST/CST) or 10PM (PST/EST) depending on your location. Check your local listings for the Travel Channel.

This will give you an idea of what I deal with on my side of the family. If you have questions. I will answer anything I can and if I don't have the answer I will be seeing my family at Xmas and will ask them.

I have watched all the episodes so far - Montana - New York City - Peoria Ill ... and now Orange County CA and I am fascinated by how savvy these so called primitive natives are. They are tapped in to what is really the key to living.

I originally thought that the title "Meet the Natives" was about the people of the USA meeting the primitive natives of the South Pacific but now I am not sure if it means that the South Pacific tribe is meeting the "natives" of the USA ???

Or you can just google "Meet the Natives" and it will pop right up.

I am interested to get your reaction to my brother's family way of life. I have not seen the episode but I will be able to comment on how real it was once I see it.

I think youi're pulling my Landing Gear:peaceful::wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
My TV Guide (Orange County, CA.) says the new episode is on at 10 PM on the travel channel (53).

It shows it running 8-midnight with other episodes.

UPS Lifer

I can't wait to see my brother at Xmas! I am going to give him so much crap about doing the Botox. I am also going to check his toenails for red paint! My nephew said they didn't know anything about Botox parties ... it was the producer's idea. I can tell you for a fact his mother knows about that stuff!!! LOL!

Having the natives and a film crew into their home is nothing for them. They have 6 kids and the house is always chaotic. My sister-in-law opens their home to all people. Anytime I go visit (even when I lived in CA) there would always be 15 to 20 people visiting. They are a very extroverted and friendly family who are very charitable and outstanding community members.

The only flaw I saw was that the natives thought Rosemary (my sister-in-law) does all the housework. I don't think so!!! She loves to cook and the natives probably saw her in the kitchen preparing the meals. Her kids help and she also has a nanny who has been part of the family for 20 years.

Glen Ivy is out where I have my CA home and is a great local spa. It has been around for generations.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lifer,

I enjoyed the show. I like the idea of people from another country seeing Orange County for the very first time. I liked their comments about everybody having a car and no one took anyone else with them driving on the huge roads.

I could not do that Botox thing.......the lady's shots looked painful. Don't like needles to the face!!

The one native got a pedicure and that was funny....red toenails & all.

What golf course was that?? What city does your brother live in?

Next Sunday is the finale.

UPS Lifer

Lifer,

I enjoyed the show. I like the idea of people from another country seeing Orange County for the very first time. I liked their comments about everybody having a car and no one took anyone else with them driving on the huge roads.

I could not do that Botox thing.......the lady's shots looked painful. Don't like needles to the face!!

The one native got a pedicure and that was funny....red toenails & all.

What golf course was that?? What city does your brother live in?

Next Sunday is the finale.
He lives in Orange Park Acres. He is probably 5 minutes from Saddleback College. The Golf Course was the Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I can't wait to see my brother at Xmas! I am going to give him so much crap about doing the Botox. I am also going to check his toenails for red paint! My nephew said they didn't know anything about Botox parties ... it was the producer's idea. I can tell you for a fact his mother knows about that stuff!!! LOL!

If it were my brother I'd give him crap too! :happy-very:

Cheryl and I watched the show and found it very entertaining. We were intrigued by the mention of this and actually watched the other two episodes in New York and Illinois...It was really fun knowing where they came from and seeing their reactions to such dramatic change for them..

The O.C. episode with your brother and his family was pretty much right on for Orange County. Your family seemed like ideal hosts, warm and inviting. They have a really nice home and fit the part well.

Congrats to the new family movie stars...:wink2:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Gee Lifer, when we lived in Mission Viejo, we were just 5 mins. from Saddleback College too.

He lives in Orange Park Acres. He is probably 5 minutes from Saddleback College. The Golf Course was the Strawberry Farms Golf Club in Irvine.

Orange Park Acres is in northeast Orange County, Saddleback College would be in south Orange County in the southern part of Mission Viejo. If you were to take the toll road you'd make Saddleback College in about 1/2 hour.

We live in San Juan Capistrano, 10 minutes from Saddleback College and Moreluck is in San Clemente about 20 minutes from Saddleback...

Now you're probably asking yourself what does all this matter, has Tony lost it??

Hey, you represent the TRAVEL channel to us, so get it straight buddy!!

:bigsmile2:

UPS Lifer

Orange Park Acres is in northeast Orange County, Saddleback College would be in south Orange County in the southern part of Mission Viejo. If you were to take the toll road you'd make Saddleback College in about 1/2 hour.

We live in San Juan Capistrano, 10 minutes from Saddleback College and Moreluck is in San Clemente about 20 minutes from Saddleback...

Now you're probably asking yourself what does all this matter, has Tony lost it??

Hey, you represent the TRAVEL channel to us, so get it straight buddy!!

:bigsmile2:
OPPS!
It is Santiago Canyon College! My bad! Now that I don't live out there I forgot the name of the college. Saddleback just sounded right. (WRONG)
San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano are a couple of my favorite areas in OC. My wife's brother lives in Trabuco Cyn and her sister and another brother live in Huntington Beach which is where I spent my teenage summers.