Ups sets social media rules

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Firefighter Fired Over Facebook Posts

Looking forward to the Union appeal.

Wondering whether posts on Brown Cafe will ever be monitored by Corporate.
Tweeter and Facebook get probably 99% of the attention of the the 3 people who review the web monitor reports.
I believe STUG and others (like me) were called out by individuals who were visually monitoring Brown Cafe.

Wondering whether posts on Brown Cafe will ever be monitored by Corporate.
Tweeter and Facebook get probably 99% of the attention of the the 3 people who review the web monitor reports.
I believe STUG and others (like me) were called out by individuals who were visually monitoring Brown Cafe.

They know who I am.

over9five

Staff member
There was a story on the news the other day about how employers now demand a Facebook password from people applying for jobs. (Can't find a link). I consider that a serious invasion of privacy, but if you don't like it I suppose they'd say to go elsewhere for a job.

What would they do with me when I said I don't have Facebook? Probably think I'm lying.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There was a story on the news the other day about how employers now demand a Facebook password from people applying for jobs. (Can't find a link). I consider that a serious invasion of privacy, but if you don't like it I suppose they'd say to go elsewhere for a job.

What would they do with me when I said I don't have Facebook? Probably think I'm lying.

I think the password request is seriously out of question ... more than likely they want the Profile ID on FB.

It is a new world and this is another tool used by HR to reject an applicant. That is the nature of hiring in big corporations - the HR rep does not look for a reason to hire a person but rather a reason to reject the applicant. That is the least risky approach.