UPS Shipping Question

Nate1102

I'm not really accustom to shipping with UPS because the nearest location is a 30 minute drive so I generally ship with the post office. I am selling laptop to a company that specializes in buying laptops and they have me a prepaid UPS shipping label. If I schedule a pickup how much will that cost and do I have to pay for it online or can I pay the driver directly as I don't own a credit card for paying it online. If paying the drive isn't an option how much would it cost me to drop it off at a UPS Store or Staples? Thanks!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Free to
Drop it off at a ups store or even with a driver if u have a prepaid label.

If u have to call to
Schedule I don't think that will be free.

upswife75

As others have mentioned, you can give it directly to a driver. You can also check for any independent packaging/shipping businesses in your area, like the little mailbox type places. We do it where I work and it costs $1 to drop it off, though some places don't charge at all.

browned_out

You mentioned that you were shipping a laptop, make sure it's in the original box with the styrofoam inserts or that it is packed extremely well with at least 2 inchs of bubble wrap on all sides along with a brand new box. Ups can be really picky with claims if it gets damaged during shipment. They usually require original packaging with computers,TV's,etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As others have mentioned, you can give it directly to a driver. You can also check for any independent packaging/shipping businesses in your area, like the little mailbox type places. We do it where I work and it costs $1 to drop it off, though some places don't charge at all.

You charge for dropoffs?? This means that you are making $2/dropoff ($1 from consignee/$1 from UPS).

worldwide

I'm not really accustom to shipping with UPS because the nearest location is a 30 minute drive so I generally ship with the post office. I am selling laptop to a company that specializes in buying laptops and they have me a prepaid UPS shipping label. If I schedule a pickup how much will that cost and do I have to pay for it online or can I pay the driver directly as I don't own a credit card for paying it online. If paying the drive isn't an option how much would it cost me to drop it off at a UPS Store or Staples? Thanks!

Go to the following link and find the closest drop-off spot to you or where you work - I'm sure there is a drop-off location closer than 30 miles to you. If you have a prepaid label and the box is all taped up with the label attached, you can simply hand the box to any driver you see.

https://www.ups.com/dropoff