UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

By The Book

so they said I would get 18,927.21 I worked PT for 12 years and its 20% of that witch brings it to 15,300 but what about the additional 10% for not rolling it over and would I get any of that back during tax season?
If your in a 15% tax bracket with your current income and if they take out 20% on this 15,300 payout you could expect to see 5% back on your taxes, but only on the payout amout.

By The Book

I had a thought, and it relates to how this part time job differs than most. I haven't heard of many other companies that offer a pension payout after being vested at 5 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a thought, and it relates to how this part time job differs than most. I haven't heard of many other companies that offer a pension payout after being vested at 5 years.

I would have to think that any thoughts regarding increasing PT starting pay have to include reducing their pension contribution rates.

By The Book

I would have to think that any thoughts regarding increasing PT starting pay have to include reducing their pension contribution rates.
I'm thinking any increases in part time pay come at their own cost, down the road. Their pensions will be affected negatively if there's a need to do so, as in being underfunded. If a decent raise is proposed for the part timers it could come at a cost to the full timers as well. It could come down to how bad UPS wants to stop the revolving door for the part timers, on how the contract proposal is structured.