UPS store

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Just bid a new route. One without a UPS store. I will never bid a route with a UPS store EVER again. I hate those Amazon returns. Especially when you delivered a large heavy item earlier in the day just to find it returned at the UPS store just a few hours later. Good bye UPS store.

GenericUsername

We have sweep routes that are still going out with bulk stops then sweeping 3-5 UPS stores, a Whole Foods, and some other junk pickup. 90% of the packages picked up are returns. It's absurd.

Brownwind

We have sweep routes that are still going out with bulk stops then sweeping 3-5 UPS stores, a Whole Foods, and some other junk pickup. 90% of the packages picked up are returns. It's absurd.
Makes us money.
I sweep on the way in and just stack the totes up. Good thing is everything is packed well and labeled. I hate the crates and all the crap boxes. Most times I just dump them in rain bags and throw them in the bulk air bins.

JL 0513

We have 2 UPS stores covering our center's area. They are on two otherwise good routes but the stores insure I'd never bid them. They are notoriously the worst pickup in any building. At least now, they are generally swept before the main driver finishes it up.

Grey

Whole Foods has 2-3 pallets a day and Monday’s are worse. Why can’t they pick up their own returns?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Just bid a new route. One without a UPS store. I will never bid a route with a UPS store EVER again. I hate those Amazon returns. Especially when you delivered a large heavy item earlier in the day just to find it returned at the UPS store just a few hours later. Good bye UPS store.
Job security. Guaranteed money in the bank. The more messed up it is, the more money I make. Or they give it proper sweeps for me to close out. Nobody above me will ever bump me, route never cut.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Job security. Guaranteed money in the bank. The more messed up it is, the more money I make. Or they give it proper sweeps for me to close out. Nobody above me will ever bump me, route never cut.
The power play I feel is to buy a unit in the complex behind the ups store and basically live there for lunch while waiting to closeout.
Literally working from home.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
The route picks up 1000 pieces some days….
We get paid by the hour. If I'm to pick up 1000 pieces at 7PM, it will take hours. I won't make 9.5, will miss the air belt, ground packages delayed. Management to answer on conference calls about failures. They send proper sweeps. I pick up 100 pieces at best. Stand your ground. The heavy volume is THEIR problem, not yours.

YourMissingCallTag

If you think UPS stores are bad, you should pick up an Amazon Fresh store. Talk about a 💩 show. It’s the reason I laugh every time some normie talks about how Amazon is going to steal our work…..

HyperBrn

200-350 per day at the UPS store I service. I run a split route, with a straight truck early for bulk deliveries and a PC for mostly business deliveries later. I have to do a sweep on Mondays in the straight truck, and then closeout by 1730. And just a closeout T-Fri by 1730. I still do a sweep T-Fri as it makes the pickup easier (cumulatively). The location is terrible and involves walking down a 50ft hallway with each dolly load.