Overgoods Contact Info

pgibben

A few years ago my boss had shipment from Europe go missing in transit and I was put in touch with someone in the overgoods department who was able to locate it.

Well it looks like it's happened again. He made a purchase from a store in France. When it came to be delivered there were duties due but he wasn't home. He went on line and paid the fees but the delivery never came. After opening the claim on it for him UPS requested more specific information. It took a few days to get the complete shipping invoice from the store in France. And UPS closed the claim during that time on 4/28. I called and had it reopened (I thought) and I have been sending them information to support the claim. But when I go on line to look up the tracking it keeps saying claim closed 4/28.

I have been calling the 800# and sending emails but not getting anywhere.

The last time this happened I had lucked into a phone number for the overgoods team given to me by a UPS employee who took pity on me. Unfortunately I don't have that number anymore. I'm hoping that someone here might have that number.🤞We are located in Los Angeles CA. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Brownwind

A few years ago my boss had shipment from Europe go missing in transit and I was put in touch with someone in the overgoods department who was able to locate it.

Well it looks like it's happened again. He made a purchase from a store in France. When it came to be delivered there were duties due but he wasn't home. He went on line and paid the fees but the delivery never came. After opening the claim on it for him UPS requested more specific information. It took a few days to get the complete shipping invoice from the store in France. And UPS closed the claim during that time on 4/28. I called and had it reopened (I thought) and I have been sending them information to support the claim. But when I go on line to look up the tracking it keeps saying claim closed 4/28.

The last time this happened I had lucked into a phone number for the overgoods team given to me by a UPS employee who took pity on me. Unfortunately I don't have that number anymore. I'm hoping that someone here might have that number.🤞We are located in Los Angeles CA. Not sure if that matters.

Keep trying. Chances are it’s a paper trail that the clerk is following. We’re using the website more than the 800 number now. Use the chat feature if you’re able.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Check your DM , I sent you the number, good luck

It also takes 10 business days for items to be entered into their computers, it may be too soon still for them to have entered it

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Brokerage fee internationals are generally held at the consignee’s delivery center for two weeks after the first delivery attempt till the fees are paid. They usually get recorded in our computer system as an exception, did you track it?

After two weeks and no response they are sent to our national over goods departments.

oldngray

nowhere special
Brokerage fee internationals are generally held at the consignee’s delivery center for two weeks after the first delivery attempt till the fees are paid. They usually get recorded in our computer system as an exception, did you track it?

After two weeks they are sent to our national over goods departments.
I think brokerage fees are what people usually forget about. That and being held at Customs which is beyond UPS control.

pgibben

After two weeks and no response they are sent to our national over goods departments.
He actually paid all the customs fees online the day after the first delivery attempt. They were supposed to deliver after that but never did. He gave it a few days and then started contacting them, but by then they had lost the package. We've been searching for it ever since.

Someone here was cool enough to DM me the contact number for Overgoods. I was able to contact them and send photos. They did a preliminary search and they've told me there's a possible match for our shipment but they are going to send the photos to the warehouse for confirmation and let me know by tomorrow.
So God-willing we might be able to locate it. 🤞 🙏

Brownwind

He actually paid all the customs fees online the day after the first delivery attempt. They were supposed to deliver after that but never did. He gave it a few days and then started contacting them, but by then they had lost the package. We've been searching for it ever since.

Someone here was cool enough to DM me the contact number for Overgoods. I was able to contact them and send photos. They did a preliminary search and they've told me there's a possible match for our shipment but they are going to send the photos to the warehouse for confirmation and let me know by tomorrow.
So God-willing we might be able to locate it. 🤞 🙏
I hope it works out for you. Please let us know how it goes.

pgibben

Just wanted to report back. Thanks to Turdferguson, and the Overgoods Team at UPS we were able to successfully locate all items in the shipment and they were delivered last week. My boss was overjoyed as he had almost given up. He almost never spends money on clothes for himself (which we tease him about) and this was the first real splurge he'd done in years. So he's super happy that he was able to get the shipment.

I really appreciate this group for the assistance and good humor along the way.

Thank you all!

Brownwind

Just wanted to report back. Thanks to Turdferguson, and the Overgoods Team at UPS we were able to successfully locate all items in the shipment and they were delivered last week. My boss was overjoyed as he had almost given up. He almost never spends money on clothes for himself (which we tease him about) and this was the first real splurge he'd done in years. So he's super happy that he was able to get the shipment.

I really appreciate this group for the assistance and good humor along the way.

Thank you all!
Excellent. Thank you for sharing some positive news.
We’re a bunch of goofballs but we do our best for our customers

Thomasino

Hello everyone, Could I also ask for the contact of the UPS overgoods team? I would like to DM you directly Turdfergusson but as a new user I don't have that option.

It's been over a month since I had 2 packages stuck at the Jacksonville, FL, depot. So I assume they are lost. Their value is incredibly high ($3500 total). As you can guess, I didn't insure them. I'm just an idiot. I'm totally down... Overgoods might be my last chance before I hang myself from the doorknob. I have got the exact pictures of every single piece included in the boxes. It was supercharger parts for car. Thank you in advance.

Last edited: