UPS the company with a heart.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by scottVA, Oct 11, 2010.

1. scottVA

scottVA Richmond-Air

April 1st 2010 I hit 25 years with ups as a part timer( I must be retarded) 7months later they awareded me my 25 year was nice too bad it was found in the trash with several other drivers in the bottom of a storage closet. Gee really makes me get the warm a fuzzys.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

What is there to say congratulations keep up the good work.
  3. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

Congratulations on making 25 years! That takes a lot of guts.
  4. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

Gee, only 7 months? We just had a driver get his 30 year...and that was last January! GO UPS!!
  5. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

Its the thought that counts???
  6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

We have a driver that was just given his 30 yrs of safe driving plaque about 2 weeks ago. His anniversary date was back in May. :dissapointed:
  7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

We had an inside employee reach 20 years back in 2009 however didn't recieve their plaque until after their 21st anniversary. :funny:
  8. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

a box full of awards showed up back in early august, for drivers and p/t's, mostly 20's and 25 for the drivers & 20 and 40 for the p/t. That box is still sitting there.
  9. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I received my 19 and 20 year plaques on the same day....a couple of months after the 20th.
  10. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

You are an "April Fool", not retarded.
  11. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

They gave me my 5 year award well after I had passed 6 years. Another employee found his 10 year award on top of a shelf covered in dust. I believe the company sends these out on time, its the local management that could care less if you get it in a timely manner.
  12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Stick to the mantra ... All decisions are made by some idiot in I.E. Sitting in a cubicle in Corporate.
  13. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

This actually could be true Hoax. Every other decision that is made with regards to a center or hub comes from the Division Manager on up to Corporate. Why would this be any different?:happy-very:

And I am kidding when I say the above so please don't ANTI-SOCKS me!
  14. scottVA

scottVA Richmond-Air

Im suprised they still give us our plaques, how about the stuff we could order out of out of book? I guess that left with the last contact?
  15. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

That flew off on turkey wings !!!
  16. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Yea, we knew that, LOL.
  17. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

None of the awards stuff was ever contractual, it's always been a company handout. Just make sure your paycheck is right, and don't worry about a two dollar plaque.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  18. Monkey Butt

Like the turkey?
  19. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

First time I picked up the turkey it sat in my freezer for a year til I threw it out. A couple times after that I gave them away. Then I just stopped picking them up, it was more of a hassle for me than anything.
  20. Monkey Butt

But wait Jonesy, there was a recent huge win for the wrench-turners over in UPS Air to get their turkeys back.
    I mean there was celebration and fist-pumping ... it must have been pretty important to them.

PS - I always gave mine to the battered-womens shelter in my home town ... they were grateful.