UPS UNION DUES I cant find exactly what i want answered in search

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by techneque, Dec 11, 2014.

1. techneque

techneque New Member

Am i supposed to get union dues taken out my paycheck every week?? Like my previous job was only once a month. Thats $20 a paycheck and im partime so thats alot if u ask me
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sounds like they are taking your initiation fees out $20/week until paid in full.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sounds like they are taking $20/week out of your check until your initiation fees are paid in full.
  4. markb82

markb82 New Member

How much are the initiation fees? i am only seasonal but god willing ill find a spot to fall into this year lol
  5. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Varies by local. If they don't rehire you, or lay you off for a while get a withdrawal card so dies do not get accruing.
  6. markb82

markb82 New Member

i haven't started paying anything towards union dues so i assume I dont need this card? never been with a union before.
  7. Now he Is going to die?:bigsmile2:
  8. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

That is correct, what the withdrawal card does is locks in the init fee so it doesn't go up, and credits any monies paid toward that fee, and also suspend the accrual of additional dues.
  9. sppollock

sppollock Member

If you were part of the same local then I would think that the OP wouldn't need to pay iniatiation fees and would start paying dues right off.
  10. somebodiesgot

somebodiesgot Member

I started paying union dues after I officially was in the union which i believe was 45 working days, they take 50$ a paycheck for initiation fees, I don't know what the total dues is yet though, and my stewards can't help.
  11. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Your paying to vote on the contract end of conversation.
  12. techneque

techneque New Member

Oh i see $20 is alot plus a $80+ tax(and medicare even tho i dont have medical from here) deduction thats crazy
  13. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

Initiation fee? Since when? I never heard of that. Accruing fees? Whaaaaaattt?