OrionsBitch

Not...
I don't care what anyone says, if you are ordering your groceries, dog food, paper towels, etc. then you are lazy. There were Ups drivers that weren't delivering this crap to lazy people before and they still made a fat paycheck with even better benefits and a better pension.
I agree and disagree. There are lots of things that are different today than back in the day. Fuel prices, DOT laws and regulations, taxes and tons of other things. This isn't a 30 year job anymore and the company needs to take money where it can get it. Ppl on brown cafe want to deliver 50 stops with single boxes under 5 lbs and still be paid $36 an hour with Max benefits etc. You have to pay the bills and that wouldn't do it.

35years

Gravy route
I believe they want to. And I don't blame them. The national mediation board has to release them from negotiations first. Too many laws and hoops to jump through to make it legal.
The mechanic's union is fully aware of this.
They are voicing their displeasure.
A "perfect out" is just as effective as a walk out, when it comes to air.
Flight delayed for mechanical reasons...entire regions of the country wait... on overtime.

Gear

Parts on Order
They fall under the Railway Labor Act, the NLRB has to authorize the strike, and there is no way they will do it in December.
I believe they want to. And I don't blame them. The national mediation board has to release them from negotiations first. Too many laws and hoops to jump through to make it legal.

Whats the point of threatening to strike if they're not "allowed" to? Workers are beating their battle drums and the company is sitting back smiling and saying, no you're not, go back to work." Dont bust out the heavy guns when the other side knows you have zero ammo.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Whats the point of threatening to strike if they're not "allowed" to? Workers are beating their battle drums and the company is sitting back smiling and saying, no you're not, go back to work." Dont bust out the heavy guns when the other side knows you have zero ammo.
Wow you really have zero understanding of this situation.

MemphisHubFedExer

I don't care what anyone says, if you are ordering your groceries, dog food, paper towels, etc. then you are lazy. There were Ups drivers that weren't delivering this crap to lazy people before and they still made a fat paycheck with even better benefits and a better pension.

Apparently there are some lazy pricks out there who are absolutely positively impatient because there getting paper towels and dog food shipped FDX am overnight.

Gear

Parts on Order
Wow you really have zero understanding of this situation.

Ok. So what's the situation?
They're working without a new contract, they're getting tired of the back and forth. They threaten to strike during peak, which apparently isnt allowed. I dont see the point in bringing up a strike when they arent allowed. What am I missing?

Brownslave688

They're working without a new contract, they're getting tired of the back and forth. They threaten to strike during peak, which apparently isnt allowed. I dont see the point in bringing up a strike when they arent allowed. What am I missing?
Read the railway labor act.

Then maybe you can make an informed opinion.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because it gets them articles like this.

brownIEman

They are trying to scare customers and therefore revenue away from UPS in an effort to get UPS to move closer to their negotiating position and get a contract.

Brownslave688

Exactly. They threatened to strike last year too. Its time to crap or get off the pot.
They took a vote to approve a strike last year. It was overwhelmingly approved. This meant that the negotiations went to mediation. After a year of getting nowhere they are asking to be released from mediation so they can follow thru with the strike.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That laziness on the part of the public is what is paying the big paychecks and the benefits and the pensions and every thing else. Your contempt is misplaced.
I thought ups was barely making any money off of business to home deliveries....so which is it??? You are probably one of the people who use to tout that ups only makes a penny profit off of every ground package... I started hearing that one 25 years ago....