Gear

Parts on Order
Because it gets them articles like this.
They are trying to scare customers and therefore revenue away from UPS in an effort to get UPS to move closer to their negotiating position and get a contract.

The average American has no idea about UPS aircraft mechanics. People just dont think about UPS while living their lives. They send and receive packages. So threatening to strike when they aren't allowed to is completely useless. The first day of a strike will be the first time average Americans heard of the situation.

Gear

Parts on Order
They took a vote to approve a strike last year. It was overwhelmingly approved. This meant that the negotiations went to mediation. After a year of getting nowhere they are asking to be released from mediation so they can follow thru with the strike.

A scheduled strike just doesn't seem to have the leverage of a walk out strike. These guys have supply and demand on their side.
I doubt there are certified aircraft mechs ready to fill a complete vacancy. But maybe a scheduled strike for march of 2020 with the company's permission will solve the problem.

brownIEman

How much interest did UPS make off of that money?

Most likely around negative 4 percent. That is approximately the interest UPS pays on loans it gets to pay large one off bills like that or say the 6B Central States flushed down the toilet.

Admittedly the pilot catch up may have been paid with cash on hand but we don't really know for sure.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most likely around negative 4 percent. That is approximately the interest UPS pays on loans it gets to pay large one off bills like that or say the 6B Central States flushed down the toilet.

Admittedly the pilot catch up may have been paid with cash on hand but we don't really know for sure.
Yeah, I doubt a low level supervisor like you would be kept in the know about anything like that...

brownIEman

Yeah, I doubt a low level supervisor like you would be kept in the know about anything like that...

Nicely done! Belittling someone based on their position for no purpose beyond making yourself feel superior!

You are ready - put your letter in. You are division manager material! In a few years you can be making serious bank!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nicely done! Belittling someone based on their position for no purpose beyond making yourself feel superior!

You are ready - put your letter in. You are division manager material! In a few years you can be making serious bank!
I'm just giving you a hard time... I'm sorry, I should be nicer with thanksgiving and all... sorry man

brownIEman

A scheduled strike just doesn't seem to have the leverage of a walk out strike.
Right. Which is why they are trying to scare customers with this campaign to hurt UPS' wallet and give them negotiating leverage to get a contract.
Since they can't legally strike they are trying this sort of 'strike light'