Maplewood

They can't get seasonal drivers in our area. They go thru class and work a couple days, then work til 9:30pm on a Saturday, then they all quit so far. We are now hiring drivers that were fired for petty BS as Seasonal Drivers! Getting desperate hear in Seattle.

OrionsBitch

Not...
I disagree. I just want a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. 130-150 stops/day on most of the resi routes in my center would be fair. The 180 to 220 stops/day UPS is forcing on our drivers is not. 8.5 to 9.5 hours/day would be fair, but UPS insists on 10.5 to 13 hours/day which is not.
I don't understand what your disagreeing with. I never said drivers aren't over dispatched. I thought no UPS does a terrible job taking car of their employees work environment. They seem to think that pay justifies poor hours. But let me ask you this as a counterpoint. Would you be okay with the number of stops and hours we get now if we started at say 7:00-7:30? I think most people mind the selection of hours over the actual work. If they cut back hours it would be about a month until people were complaining about their skimpy paychecks.

brownIEman

I know!!! I am letting my hate for ups sups flow through my veins like darth Vader dammit ...I will be nicer to them on this site and in real life... and maybe even you gumby...

Yes my son- let the hate flow through and fill you. Use that hate to fuel your letter and feel the POWER of the dark side. Join me and we will overthrow emperor Abney and rule the Galaxy together!!!!!

Ahem... Sorry.:blink:

brownIEman

He needs to work on his e-mail forwarding skills too

Oh I can help with that. First you create your mail groups with the managers and ft sups in the division. When an email comes in just click forward and click on the group list.
Here's the crucial part -
Type in at the top of the message thread, in all caps and or bold and or a font size 3 times as large as the rest of the message something like :
THIS MUST HAPPEN!
or. THIS DIVISION WILL NOT MISS THIS #
or. NOT OPTIONAL
or. THE ORGANIZATION IS COUNTING ON US

or pick any asinine phrase from a Zig Ziggler Esq motivational book.
Easy peasy.

Dhydratd

...But let me ask you this as a counterpoint. Would you be okay with the number of stops and hours we get now if we started at say 7:00-7:30? I think most people mind the selection of hours over the actual work. If they cut back hours it would be about a month until people were complaining about their skimpy paychecks.
To answer your question, no. Like I said before, 180-200+ stops is not a fair day's work. It's excessive and it doesn't matter if the start time is 7am or 9am. Wait until you're over 50 and doing this every single day and you'll understand.
All I want is 8-9 hours each day and you wouldn't ever hear me complain.
If you can't pay your bills on 45 hours/week then you are living beyond your means.

OrionsBitch

Not...
To answer your question, no. Like I said before, 180-200+ stops is not a fair day's work. It's excessive and it doesn't matter if the start time is 7am or 9am. Wait until you're over 50 and doing this every single day and you'll understand.
All I want is 8-9 hours each day and you wouldn't ever hear me complain.
If you can't pay your bills on 45 hours/week then you are living beyond your means.
Hey I agree completely! I don't think any route should be over 140 max....and that's a residential route. I also agree about money. But you know all the money grubbers would complain

Dhydratd

Hey I agree completely! I don't think any route should be over 140 max....and that's a residential route. I also agree about money. But you know all the money grubbers would complain
And that's why the 9.5 language needs to be changed. Let those who desire more than 45/week opt-in and sign up for it instead of harassing us drivers who sign up for the 9.5 list to get our excessive o/t reduced.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm just giving you a hard time... I'm sorry, I should be nicer with thanksgiving and all... sorry man
Like the way the company is nicer to us near holidays? Eff that niceness, management is a bunch of scumbags.
Our growth over the last 5 years on NDA is 2.76%....

A lot less than you want it to be.

If you knew as much about the process to become a pilot for UPS as you think you do, you'd understand why I chose what I did.

Pulled it right from the annual reports. Don't believe me, go calculate it yourself.

Quite honestly I figured it would be about double that. But there were a few really flat years.

Full on brown kool-aid consumption at its finest.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
"waaaah, I have to work harder for a month. waaaaaaah..."

Look everyone, I sound like a UPS driver!
You know you’re missing the whole point, right? No one is complaining about working harder for a month. They’re complaining that they’re already going out bulked out every day working 10-12 hours or more a day, all year round. Now Peak is here... if one is already going wide open, how can they give more for that month? Simple concept really. Don’t know how you’re missing it.

watdaflock?

You know you’re missing the whole point, right? No one is complaining about working harder for a month. They’re complaining that they’re already going out bulked out every day working 10-12 hours or more a day, all year round. Now Peak is here... if one is already going wide open, how can they give more for that month? Simple concept really. Don’t know how you’re missing it.
If your package car is bulked out every day, all year around, then peak will be no different.
You can always quit. Never too late to go back to school. Fed Ex will hire ya. I'm sure its a lot easier there.

Hope this helps.