UPSers that complain

CAFAL

My take home was $1300 this week and it's not even december. I'm not complaining. And i'm running scratch. Lufe is good

packageguy

I have been workin at ups for a little while now, and im still pretty darn happy. i really wanted to start at ups bc i wanted to make a career out of it. but every morning the drivers come in and they all stand around and talk about how much they hate their jobs and just keep complaining.. i mean, if they hate it that much why dont they quit?
is it REALLY that bad?
isnt the pay good in the long run? and the benefits worth it?

im just so curious... bc now im having second thoughts about starting my career here, and i was actually really excited about it, and now im just questioning it.

anyone have any input?

thanks!

Just come to work everyday, do your job the right way, and you will see what we are talking about.

yeldarb

Roth 401k. Taxes are and will continue to go up. Pay your taxes beforehand and don't worry about what happens in future so much. I believe the cap is 17500 a year.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
My take home was $1300 this week and it's not even december. I'm not complaining. And i'm running scratch. Lufe is good

Why do you give a crap whether or not your running scratch? That's loser talk. If you weren't running scratch, you'd be bringing home $1500-1800 home. Then, lufe would really be good.

OptimusPrime

Why do you give a crap whether or not your running scratch? That's loser talk. If you weren't running scratch, you'd be bringing home $1500-1800 home. Then, lufe would really be good.

Not about running scratch exactly, but don't exactly love the over time like guys making top pay. When their OT is a $20 an hour difference, sure, go soak it up. For me, would rather be home.

S

serenity now

this career is all about persistence * keep showing up * do the job to the best of your ability * be honest

Integrity

Binge Poster
When individuals talk, gripe or complain about someone I have many times heard some wise people respond to the griper, "Keep the focus on yourself".

I say these people are wise because I think this is a wise statement.

This does not mean to be more selfish or self-centered, because most people who talk, gripe or complain about others are extremely self-centered.

In fact this self-centeredness is the root cause of many problems in life.

What it truly means to the troubled person is for them to focus on their contribution to the gripes, complaints, judgements of and about others.

While working for UPS before judging others, complaining or griping put the focus on your self.

What are you and how may your self-centeredness be contributing to the very things that you judge, complain or gripe about in others?

Be well.

Sincerely,
I

When individuals talk, gripe or complain about someone I have many times heard some wise people respond to the griper, "Keep the focus on yourself".

I say these people are wise because I think this is a wise statement.

This does not mean to be more selfish or self-centered, because most people who talk, gripe or complain about others are extremely self-centered.

In fact this self-centeredness is the root cause of many problems in life.

What it truly means to the troubled person is for them to focus on their contribution to the gripes, complaints, judgements of and about others.

While working for UPS before judging others, complaining or griping put the focus on your self.

What are you and how may your self-centeredness be contributing to the very things that you judge, complain or gripe about in others?

Be well.

Sincerely,
I
i think people complain because they have nothing to say a lot of the time. Sometimes less is more.

CAFAL

Yes true,but that to me would be stealing time. I believe in doing your job and honesty.

rudy5150

Some people always think they know better than the bosses, it gets old after awhile.
Its kinda funny but our managment team screws up everyday. Imagine the profits this company could really have if they fired some managers that dont do anything anyways. Ups would rather hire a bunch of part time management people and barely pay them anything and expect them to learn and care about whats goin on. Thats a waste! Hire a couple good knowledgeable sups and compensate them then maybe the teamsters wouldnt think they knew better than the "bosses" everytime. and for the cheap part time managers they should get rid of union workers should replace them. ya know the ones that really do the WORK and MAKE THE $ for UPS

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yes true,but that to me would be stealing time. I believe in doing your job and honesty.

If you are letting UPS management's numbers control your idea honesty and integrity, then perhaps you should follow your own path into a suit and tie. You'd better be running to run scratch, because that's the only way you'll ever hit a moving target.

CAFAL

If you are letting UPS management's numbers control your idea honesty and integrity, then perhaps you should follow your own path into a suit and tie. You'd better be running to run scratch, because that's the only way you'll ever hit a moving target.

Who runs? It's about planning and execution and attitude. They play their game and I play mine. Checkmate,I win. I scratch,take all my break and succeed. Maybe you need to figure out how to play the game?