Use of Social Network Information to Discipline/Terminate Employees

Is it OK to discipline based on social network media information?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Easy Jones, I'm just a truck driver...

I was responding to Wkmacs post that W had had problems with his father. The "love of family" was not a chapter in the book, it was more like a common background theme that ran thru it. It seemed very honest to me, but I'm sure GWB haters will see it in a whole 'nother light!

Let's ask Alan Colmes....he won't like it. He hates everything! (like Mikey)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Easy Jones, I'm just a truck driver...

I was responding to Wkmacs post that W had had problems with his father. The "love of family" was not a chapter in the book, it was more like a common background theme that ran thru it. It seemed very honest to me, but I'm sure GWB haters will see it in a whole 'nother light!
Well I understand that, but my earlier point was that even if he really did have some problem with his father (and I'm not saying he does cuz I have no idea), you're never going to hear about it from him, and especially not in a book that he wrote whose primary purpose is to portray him and his presidency in a positive light.

And btw I've never thought of you as "just a truck driver". You seem like a pretty talented guy to me. Some might even call you a Stepper....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Back to thread topic: I'm on facebook with a few people from Brown Cafe and about 15-20 people who work in my Center. A few of the drivers really post some bad things mentioning the center manager's name, not a good idea. A few of the other people are in managemnent or are buddies with the center manager, so I would suggest using a little tact making public comments. One PT OMS has a filthy mouth and really got into it with a driver over his political views, so the driver had to block her off the friends list. He is of strong Christian faith and doesn't cuss himself, and didn't appreciate her vulgar comments and being called a racist. So I would suggest not getting into it with certain people.

wkmac

Back to thread topic: I'm on facebook with a few people from Brown Cafe and about 15-20 people who work in my Center. A few of the drivers really post some bad things mentioning the center manager's name, not a good idea. A few of the other people are in managemnent or are buddies with the center manager, so I would suggest using a little tact making public comments. One PT OMS has a filthy mouth and really got into it with a driver over his political views, so the driver had to block her off the friends list. He is of strong Christian faith and doesn't cuss himself, and didn't appreciate her vulgar comments and being called a racist. So I would suggest not getting into it with certain people.

I know what you mean. I'm so glad we don't have those problems here.
:winks:

Seriously, even on Facebook, I'd draw the line of posting a manager or even an hourly's name if they weren't there to defend themselves. I hold to the same rules and belief here on BC.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I love messing around on the internet, but Facebook, Twitter, etc hold absolutely no interest for me. Even if they did, I would avoid using them to communicate with anyone at work, hourly or management.