vacation check

old levi's

blank space
Just got my first vacation check for 2011. Instead of the customary straight 45 hours of vacation pay, there are two line entries : 9 hours with a code # alongside and 36 hours with a different code #. Can someone from payroll explain. And please, no wild guesses from the assembled masses.

Johney

I have heard of a lot of weird things happening from payroll lately. Couple guys in our building bought back a week of vacation and were paid their option week instead.

Nimnim

The Nim
Perhaps there's a raise in there. First week of Feb has 1 day of Jan in it so I know us PTers will have vacation checks with 4 hours at one rate and 16 at another. Don't feel like checking if the FT people get raises at the same time.

Edit: decided to check since I had the contract open in another window. Yeah, should be a $0.375 difference between the first rate and the second.

Perhaps there's a raise in there. First week of Feb has 1 day of Jan in it so I know us PTers will have vacation checks with 4 hours at one rate and 16 at another. Don't feel like checking if the FT people get raises at the same time.

Edit: decided to check since I had the contract open in another window. Yeah, should be a $0.375 difference between the first rate and the second.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

old levi's

blank space

DING DING DING We have a winner. Thanks. And my deepest apology to the assembled masses.