Value evaluation of Fedex Route

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Then you go do it.

Buy a couple of Ground routes and then show us your massive profits.

Hmmm. The point was that not everyone is cut out to be a contractor. Your nonsensical response to me is to "go do it." Do you response for the sheer sake of it even when you don't make sense or is there something to be proven by me becoming a Ground contractor?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Hmmm. The point was that not everyone is cut out to be a contractor. Your nonsensical response to me is to "go do it." Do you response for the sheer sake of it even when you don't make sense or is there something to be proven by me becoming a Ground contractor?
You figure it out since you're so keen to provide us with all the answers.

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t see FedEx handing that much control over the operation to contractors. A contractor running a sort and a terminal for an entire area would give them actual leverage in negotiations. They need the freedom to pull contracts as an enforcement mechanism. It would be difficult for another contractor to take over a building. The large autosats run over 100 trucks for daily P&D not to mention Linehaul. Smartpost/7 day is expected to increase that by at least 50% in resources. No way they put that many eggs in one company’s basket.
Not to mention that single contractor buildings would be ripe for unionization. Imagine that mess.