Veterans Day Pay.

JL 0513

No. Sick days for that.
That makes no sense. Then they're not "option days". We get 5 option days, 3 sick in New England. Those 5 days can be used as extra vacation, 5 singles, or paid without taking time off. Most of us opt for the extra week vacation to avoid the hassle of requesting days on 5 occasions.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Your supplement sucks. Enjoy Black Friday not being forced. The rest sucks. We get 7 optional days here and 3 sick days. Plus our pension contributions weren’t raided like everyone else’s.
Supplement sucks? Lol maybe.

I was wrong with the days stated previously, we get a total of 12 days off- 7 sick days along with the 5 optional days to be taken as a whole week off at 45 hours pay. That week is picked separate from the vacation schedule so it makes it a 3 week summer vacation if you have any seniority. Those 3 week vacations are sweet! We also get one Optional Holiday per year. You can have off or earn triple time for that day.

As far as the pension raiding goes, you are in the same boat as everyone else. Future contributions were not increased like the Central/NE was. Less going now moving forward means less payout in the future.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That makes no sense. Then they're not "option days". We get 5 option days, 3 sick in New England. Those 5 days can be used as extra vacation, 5 singles, or paid without taking time off. Most of us opt for the extra week vacation to avoid the hassle of requesting days on 5 occasions.
I just call in. Never had a hassle. If I really need a day off for a future date I tell them. Never had a problem with that either.

One thing about picking the 5 days as a week, it's something that's locked in. Makes it easy to plan vacations.

Thebrownblob

Is this something new in the Central Region? Only way we can use an optional day for a sick day is if we knew we were going to be sick a week ahead of time. Even then management will deny it.
Yes, it’s new. You can designate a week of your vacation to use. You do not have to schedule it in advance. You call in the day of an hour before. I foresee a lot of three day weekends for many

Trucker Clock

Is this something new in the Central Region? Only way we can use an optional day for a sick day is if we knew we were going to be sick a week ahead of time. Even then management will deny it.

You voted on a contract and didn't even read it?

Then again, you disagreed with my post telling you that you had 7 option days. So I believe that you have no idea of what you're talking about and no idea what the contract even says.

Yes it's new. Article 16 was changed. Your option week, that you could break up into 5 separate days, hence giving you 7 option days, was eliminated. New language was added. You still get the week, but now you can use it as sick days or a week at a time.

Article 16 of the Central

In addition to the above schedule, employees with one (1) or more years of seniority will receive five (5) sick days leave with pay. These days will be paid at ten (10) hours per day for full-time employees and five (5) hours per day for part-time employees. The employee must be on the payroll to receive any sick day pay. These sick days may (1) be taken one (1) day at a time, (2) be scheduled as a week off at the time of vacation selection, or (3) any sick days not used will be paid off at the end of the year. These days will be paid for the first five (5) days that the employee does not work, provided they were scheduled to work on these days.

Thebrownblob

You voted on a contract and didn't even read it?

Then again, you disagreed with my post telling you that you had 7 option days. So I believe that you have no idea of what you're talking about and no idea what the contract even says.

Yes it's new. Article 16 was changed. Your option week, that you could break up into 5 separate days, hence giving you 7 option days, was eliminated. New language was added. You still get the week, but now you can use it as sick days or a week at a time.

Article 16 of the Central

In addition to the above schedule, employees with one (1) or more years of seniority will receive five (5) sick days leave with pay. These days will be paid at ten (10) hours per day for full-time employees and five (5) hours per day for part-time employees. The employee must be on the payroll to receive any sick day pay. These sick days may (1) be taken one (1) day at a time, (2) be scheduled as a week off at the time of vacation selection, or (3) any sick days not used will be paid off at the end of the year. These days will be paid for the first five (5) days that the employee does not work, provided they were scheduled to work on these days.
Nope he just bitches about it complains and then screws everyone else over. What a great union member….

said no one ever.