Volunteer N2N

Do you volunteer?

• Yes, love helping the community

• No, I barely have enough me time as it is

• Sometimes, if it's mandatory or will benefit me personally

Results are only viewable after voting.

over9five

Staff member
I volunteer every year with habitat for humanity. Not that I care, but ups management "volunteers" there as well. They do it during their work hours, so take that for what it is.
And if you're volunteering during your work hours.... that's not volunteering either.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
I volunteer every year with habitat for humanity. Not that I care, but ups management "volunteers" there as well. They do it during their work hours, so take that for what it is.

Wait..... they're getting paid on the clock to volunteer?

AsweetGirl

@Monkey Butt volunteers at the zoo

Yeah, I'm not sure if this is a joke based on the animal user name... but if it's legit that's awesome.
The nearest Zoo is 45 miles away, so if I were to volunteer there it'd have to be an entire day- one time thing.
I'm looking for something more local so I am able to volunteer more frequently.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yeah, I'm not sure if this is a joke based on the animal user name... but if it's legit that's awesome.
The nearest Zoo is 45 miles away, so if I were to volunteer there it'd have to be an entire day- one time thing.
I'm looking for something more local so I am able to volunteer more frequently.
you will have to talk to @Monkey Butt

AsweetGirl

Is there a VA hospital close to you?

I never even thought of that! How awesome to serve those that have served our country, great idea.
I did research and there is nothing available near by... I still like the idea, so maybe I will contact the closest one and make an entire day out of it. Thanks for the recommendation.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I volunteer for a bunch of UPS sponsored events. And by volunteer I mean am basically told I will be stuck as an ORS for the rest of my career if I don’t go.

Outside of work I volunteer at a camp for sick and disabled children. Fantastic organization and I’ve gotten a lot out of it. The United Way Drive this year I actually got a lot of guys to donate. Was really cool

AsweetGirl

What about me? :(

You too! lol

But me saying "you too" isn't quite the same as an original compliment, huh? Mmm, let's explain this.

The answers I receive from @MzTeaze are answers by the book.... like reference point answers. Somewhat obvious direction that will likely remain consistent with time and provide assistance to anyone reading my thread in the future, who has the same question.

Your answers (along with many others) are great 'out of the box' answers that are not listed in a company handbook or website.

So thank you sir @upschuck for your knowledge and comments that are valid useful and legit - but most incredibly cannot be quoted from a pamphlet source.

over9five

Staff member
You too! lol

But me saying "you too" isn't quite the same as an original compliment, huh? Mmm, let's explain this.

The answers I receive from @MzTeaze are answers by the book.... like reference point answers. Somewhat obvious direction that will likely remain consistent with time and provide assistance to anyone reading my thread in the future, who has the same question.

Your answers (along with many others) are great 'out of the box' answers that are not listed in a company handbook or website.

So thank you sir @upschuck for your knowledge and comments that are valid useful and legit - but most incredibly cannot be quoted from a pamphlet source.

Translation:

@MzTeaze answers are awesome!

Your answers suck.

(But she told you real nicely!)

oldngray

nowhere special
Translation:

@MzTeaze answers are awesome!

Your answers suck.

(But she told you real nicely!)
who sucks.gif