Walmart anti-union video leaked

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by beavis, Jul 25, 2015.

1. beavis

beavis Member

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

Oh walmart lol I don't know how you're going to convince a whole company to join a union when you can't even convince everyone here a union is good for you.

If you think you would receive the same wages and benefits based off your "performance" you're out of your mind.

3. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

My old lady came up behind me and said, "Is this the one where they train their employees to sign up for food stamps?"

4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Why didn't I see one of our more outspoken BC members in that video?

5. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Anyone who is on this forum that's shopping at Walmart should be ashamed of themselves.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Why? I take pleasure in knowing that ant-union types use UPS too so it balances out. So I don't mind stopping in Walmart every once in a while. It's definitely not my favorite store. I typically avoid them for other reasons though. Not because they avoid unionizing. More so because I always seem to get in line behind that customer that has a stack of coupons and wants to write a check for the rest. And that is after having to navigate through the regular Walmart shoppers that are too dense to realize that they are blocking an entire aisle with their shopping cart while they are texting or comparing prices on their Amazon app.

The video did make at least one good point though. Why would someone want to join an organization that is actively trying to destroy the company they are being hired by or already work for? That's something I will never understand about the union's tactics. It's stupid to simultaneously push to boycott companies and want their employees to join you. LOL! Talk about counter productive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  7. wide load

wide load Well-Known Member

Ask TDU

8. Overpaid Union Thug

Are they still around? LOL!

9. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Walmart sucks.

10. Overpaid Union Thug

I'm head over to mine in a few to possibly buy a 32" tv and will swing by the ammo section and hopefully will be able to increase my Federal .223 stash for my AR15. :-)

11. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

FTFY

I'm not against unions, I'm not for unions. But when it comes down to it, whether you go to Target, Walmart, Kmart, or Menards you aren't supporting unions. It's all the same. The only difference is the colors and the signs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If given the choice I would pick Target over Walmart.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

Price the TV but don't buy it until you look for it on Amazon. Walmart will match their price.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

I do as well. The prices are about the same, the atmosphere of the store is better, and I don't feel like I'm shopping with a group of circus clowns.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

Walmart is closer to my house. Much closer actually.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Mine too; in fact, I deliver to our local Walmart. Target is in the mall 1/2 mile away.

17. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Same thing.

Below poverty line anti-union employers.

18. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Good for Walmart and their employees for not giving into the Union. If people would actually listen to the video they may learn something.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Do you set out to be a troll or does this come naturally??

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. beavis

beavis Member

I love the "all those union dues" argument. Walmart patted themselves on the back last february by announcing upcoming raises for full time employees to $13 an hour. As an unskilled (non driving) full time Ups employee I make over double that and the $70 a month I pay in dues is made up by lunchtime on the first day of the month.