The Natural

My situation is different, but here goes. I'm making $30 + per hour, working 20-60(peak) hours per week. 7 weeks paid vacation. Could start collecting a pension today.

The job sucks. It will suck 999 out of 1000 days. I know this, I understand this.

If I quit, I have to start paying for healthcare since I'm way under 65. That alone would eat up a good portion of my pension. I'm never going to find a new job that has 7 weeks vacation right off the bat, or even fully paid healthcare. Did I mention healthcare? It costs a lot.
Your liftime medical should be covered. Unless your in a rider that has voted against it. If thats the case im sorry... Get out if you can.

Re-Raise

I am on the short rows myself right now. Whenever the job gets frustrating, I remember to appreciate that I have already made it through the hardest parts.

The new guys have to wait for insurance, make a fraction of what we make, run different routes each week, have hardly any vacation time and quite frankly don’t know what they are doing.

When I think about my 8 weeks vacation and my country bid route it seems silly to give up with only a few years left.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'll keep my 100k driving job for a couple of more years.
I was hoping you would hang it up!!!You already have 30 years in and I'm getting worried about your mental state, its starting to get embarrassing buddy...I've consulted with @Future and others and we all agree that an intervention is in your immediate future..

The Natural

I am on the short rows myself right now. Whenever the job gets frustrating, I remember to appreciate that I have already made it through the hardest parts.

The new guys have to wait for insurance, make a fraction of what we make, run different routes each week, have hardly any vacation time and quite frankly don’t know what they are doing.

When I think about my 8 weeks vacation and my country bid route it seems silly to give up with only a few years left.

Being in feeder so long it has made me unassigned in package. Therefore going back puts me in the middle of a :censored2: sandwich. Not a happy place to be.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
True story. Only reward is being able to give back to the union and the members that have given us all a lot. Maybe help some members that need it.
So are you still in feeders or did you have to go back to pkg???? I know my stress level has dropped off a cliff since I'm feeders but we have hundreds of drivers so we have good opportunities....I'd stick it out...and just take the mindset of day by day,and if you get too overwhelmed you can bounce..

The Natural

So are you still in feeders or did you have to go back to pkg???? I know my stress level has dropped off a cliff since I'm feeders but we have hundreds of drivers so we have good opportunities....I'd stick it out...and just take the mindset of day by day,and if you get too overwhelmed you can bounce..
Im feeder relief . So i have to bounce back and fourth. UPS has moved or eliminated 10 runs from our building in the past few years. Hence my frustration. And with the number 1 driver over 43yrs seniority. Its hard to move up.

The Natural

Im feeder relief . So i have to bounce back and fourth. UPS has moved or eliminated 10 runs from our building in the past few years. Hence my frustration. And with the number 1 driver over 43yrs seniority. Its hard to move up.
Ive gone from a bid feeder run to number 3 relief to number 6 relief in the past 7 years. Thats in a feeder dept gone from 24 runs to 12 in 10yrs... Hard to stomach.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ive gone from a bid feeder run to number 3 relief to number 6 relief in the past 7 years. Thats in a feeder dept gone from 24 runs to 12 in 10yrs... Hard to stomach.
Were those runs really cut or just moved to the hub? If they were moved did they put up a bid list to follow them?

The Natural

Were those runs really cut or just moved to the hub? If they were moved did they put up a bid list to follow them?
Some were moved and some eliminated. And yes... some drivers followed... following work isn't always an option when drivers have roots and spouses with careers also..

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Some were moved and some eliminated. And yes... some drivers followed... following work isn't always an option when drivers have roots and spouses with careers also..
Copy that, we've got grievances in on some runs that got moved from our building back to the hub that's why I asked. Fwiw I sympathize with your situation, I can't imagine having to go back to package at this point.