Weekly Reminder: The economy is great, inflation is fake and gas is cheap.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

Good facts presented without political hyperbole. If this data is accurate it really paints a bleak picture of how the American economy is doing, which according to KJP and Joe Biden, is amazing.

vantexan

Good facts presented without political hyperbole. If this data is accurate it really paints a bleak picture of how the American economy is doing, which according to KJP and Joe Biden, is amazing.
I predict an FBI SWAT team doing a 5 a.m. raid at their homes soon.

Last edited:

Up In Smoke

Whenever people are digging into retirement savings it's concerning. The information is most likely accurate but a little deceiving. Bank of America reports 18,000 withdrawals among 4 million accounts that they tracked. That's less than one half of one percent and .0003 when considering the 60 million total 401k participants. (1 per 3400). I would be interested in the demographics of the withdrawals. Age, income levels and regions would be helpful to fully understand why this is happening. Student loan repayments restarted recently and I wonder how many of these loans are to pay off other loans.

Up In Smoke

CPI numbers minus food and energy beat expectation and currently sit at 4.0% YOY. Rent inflation is still the elephant in the room, but has slowed significantly since April of this year. These are good numbers and should allow the Fed to continue to hold the line and leave rates alone.

vantexan

CPI numbers minus food and energy beat expectation and currently sit at 4.0% YOY. Rent inflation is still the elephant in the room, but has slowed significantly since April of this year. These are good numbers and should allow the Fed to continue to hold the line and leave rates alone.
What are they with food and energy added? Those plus rent are what most people are concerned about.

Up In Smoke

And that's on top of what it had risen to last year. Priced beef lately? Saw a 4 pack of thin sliced ribeyes, 1.5 lbs total, last week at Wal-Mart for over $31.
I bought boneless ribeye 2 weeks ago for 7.99/lb. Same price for porterhouse and NY strip. It's all about location.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
And that's on top of what it had risen to last year. Priced beef lately? Saw a 4 pack of thin sliced ribeyes, 1.5 lbs total, last week at Wal-Mart for over $31.

I bought boneless ribeye 2 weeks ago for 7.99/lb. Same price for porterhouse and NY strip. It's all about location.

Who’s eating ribeyes anymore?

I been gnawing on the same soup bone from last week!

vantexan

How much did you buy in bulk? Prices are through the roof here at all supermarkets except Sav-a-Lot. And their cheaper cuts are like chewing shoe leather. I can't afford to buy in bulk nor can I afford better cuts of beef at the supermarket. The worst cuts are now going for more than $8 lb. But all is well, Bidenomics is working, we're all skipping in fields of daisies.

Up In Smoke

How much did you buy in bulk? Prices are through the roof here at all supermarkets except Sav-a-Lot. And their cheaper cuts are like chewing shoe leather. I can't afford to buy in bulk nor can I afford better cuts of beef at the supermarket. The worst cuts are now going for more than $8 lb. But all is well, Bidenomics is working, we're all skipping in fields of daisies.
It's just me and my wife, so we only buy in twos and fours. We eat mostly protein, rice, fruit and vegetables. Three hundred a month on average and we carry our lunches.

Up In Smoke

Go to Kroger website and you'll see what we're paying in the Midwest. Shop of Fridays and you can receive up $60 dollars of gasoline each month also.

rickyb

the economy was deindustrialized - trump did not reindustrialize it
the economy has low union rate - trump did not help either
the economy has alot of wall st fraud - trump turbo charged it

so yes these guys are all awful

vantexan

the economy was deindustrialized - trump did not reindustrialize it
the economy has low union rate - trump did not help either
the economy has alot of wall st fraud - trump turbo charged it

so yes these guys are all awful
It's not the job of the president to encourage unions to gain membership. That's private sector, not public.

It's impossible to bring back all the industry we've lost in four years. Why you think that's possible is beyond me.