Well, I've been with UPS for 1 month now...

helenofcalifornia

Soy, good to hear from you again! If they paid more, would you like the job better? They lose excellent workers with their low pay. This is the starting wage they have had since 1982, I believe, when they initiated the two-tier contract. Hope all is well Soy. Soy later!

Mike Hawk

OH GOSH....Trust me sunshine...I am out in the heat just like everyone else...and soooo freakin jealous every time I feel the AC in the office!
Mine come out of the office to hand out splits, inbound trailers, and turn the belt back on, maybe a few more minor things I’m not aware of, but they really do not come out of the office much. We had one day where one supe was on vacation, two were loading because it was Monday and a bunch of loaders called in sick. The last supe spent half his time on the load line talking to the other two and BSing with the loaders. I was amazed our preload can run on half a supe but they pay 4.

dillweed

btw, it's refreshing to see someone who enjoys hard work and the challenge of the beast. There's nothing else quite like the adreneline rush that preload offers. Jonl, I wish you all the best. We need many, many more like you. If some chips fall and you get discouraged come on in and rant. We can all relate.

kwed95

former pre-load p/t sup
yeah I remember having super employees and had to be careful not to burn them out. I would sometimes "give them the day off" by giving them a slow unloader or giving them extra time and not make them clock out. It worked most of the time.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Golly? What is this, Mayberry? Where's Gomer? Aunt Bee? Goober?

I guess you can say.... at times I feel like I am in Mayberry...lol..
I can probably go as far and say I work with a few Gomer Piles and Goobers! LMAO! Or I could have said Holy Toledo.. but I was never really to sure what the heck a toledo was...so I try to stay away from that one...LOL!