what do 22.3 want

pomf

so what will become of all the 22.3ers?? do we get bumped upo to full time status at full time rate??

Most likely not. They'll give you part time work, in hopes you quit. You might want to start working on a backup plan.

I'm sure the 22.3 jobs will be sacraficed for something else in the next contract.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
so what will become of all the 22.3ers?? do we get bumped upo to full time status at full time rate??

The jobs will be liquidated. All signs point to this. Already you see how Sean O'Brien and the union look down at the 22.3s. We are expendable, and we are walking on eggshells, unlike the drivers. The drivers are treated with respect in regards to working their bid jobs/assignments, and issues. 22.3, you are basically on your own no matter how strong the contract language. "Lucky to have a job" in the eyes of UPS and the union.

Already we can see that the shifts in our building are offering unpaid voluntary days at record rates. The volume will be decreasing. THis will continue as UPS cuts the fat (the unproductive accounts that are costing the company money rather than making)

Part-time america DOES work, after all, despite Oblama at the helm. UPS will have their way.

upsers22.3

The jobs will be liquidated. All signs point to this. Already you see how Sean O'Brien and the union look down at the 22.3s. We are expendable, and we are walking on eggshells, unlike the drivers. The drivers are treated with respect in regards to working their bid jobs/assignments, and issues. 22.3, you are basically on your own no matter how strong the contract language. "Lucky to have a job" in the eyes of UPS and the union.

Already we can see that the shifts in our building are offering unpaid voluntary days at record rates. The volume will be decreasing. THis will continue as UPS cuts the fat (the unproductive accounts that are costing the company money rather than making)

Part-time america DOES work, after all, despite Oblama at the helm. UPS will have their way.

upsers22.3

ups can't take our jobs unless we let them.

The number of full-time jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 of the 1997-2002​
and the 2002-2008

Agreement​
s shall not be reduced. Within sixty (60) days of the ratification of this Agreement the
Employer shall provide the International Teamsters Union a report detailing and identifying the

full-time jobs which will need to be maintained pursuant to this paragraph.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ups can't take our jobs unless we let them.

The number of full-time jobs created under Article 22, Section 3 of the 1997-2002​
and the 2002-2008

Agreement​
s shall not be reduced. Within sixty (60) days of the ratification of this Agreement the
Employer shall provide the International Teamsters Union a report detailing and identifying the

full-time jobs which will need to be maintained pursuant to this paragraph.

YOu missed my point. The union, and Hoffa, will gladly let them eat the 22.3s jobs to keep the drivers happy at $32/hr when it comes time to ratify a contract in 2013.
If there are any concessions it will start with the jobs that were created in a more union-friendly era with Carey. God knows what the benefits package will look like then with the health care reform. Also, you really can't concede much more from part-timers as they're starting wage will likely be less than the minimum wage at that point. :)
Important to the union is getting dues from the part-timers; so the argument I have been hearing that "UPS is going full-time and doing away with part-timers" really doesn't make sense.

Pump Up The Volume

YOu missed my point. The union, and Hoffa, will gladly let them eat the 22.3s jobs to keep the drivers happy at $32/hr when it comes time to ratify a contract in 2013.
If there are any concessions it will start with the jobs that were created in a more union-friendly era with Carey. God knows what the benefits package will look like then with the health care reform. Also, you really can't concede much more from part-timers as they're starting wage will likely be less than the minimum wage at that point. :)
Important to the union is getting dues from the part-timers; so the argument I have been hearing that "UPS is going full-time and doing away with part-timers" really doesn't make sense.

Agreed that the company and Hoffa do not like 22.3's. Ergo, the creation or filling of 22.3 jobs is not seriously contested. Remember, Hoffa did not strike in 1997, and while we were out on the streets UPS was lining his pockets. Also, agreed that in light of this practice the destruction of 22.3's has begun.

My scenario is that in 2013 it's healthcare or the 22.3's. With all remaining 22.3's grandfathered in (the company is patient enough to let the existing ones die off). The bigger swindling here will come from the fact that by then 22.3's make up an even smaller percentage of the already small percentage they make up now. Then at the table, since there will be only a small number of 22.3's left, the union will be able to dupe it's membership into believing they saved healthcare by conceding only a few detested 22.3 jobs.Then the company saves a few bucks.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We wont have this problem if we vote Hoffa out in 2011! Remember the 22.3 jobs where Ron Careys vision, and Hoffa hates everything that Ron stood for. He did not even have the resepect to talk about Ron's death on the Teamster website. Not even a kind word for the 1st elected President of the IBT.

Hoffa has been trading away UPSers benefits over the last several contracts! All the national grievances that are backed up and they only scheduled 3 meetings this year. They agree to a committee hold on the Laid off 22.3 grievances in Nov and now they wont be heard until March! BS!!!

DUMPHOFFA!!!!!!!!

Pump Up The Volume

Furthermore, 22.3's overpay on dues money. Why does the union take way more than 2.5 times their normal or split rate in dues money when they are denied full-time benefits.

FAVREFAN

We wont have this problem if we vote Hoffa out in 2011! Remember the 22.3 jobs where Ron Careys vision, and Hoffa hates everything that Ron stood for. He did not even have the resepect to talk about Ron's death on the Teamster website. Not even a kind word for the 1st elected President of the IBT.

Hoffa has been trading away UPSers benefits over the last several contracts! All the national grievances that are backed up and they only scheduled 3 meetings this year. They agree to a committee hold on the Laid off 22.3 grievances in Nov and now they wont be heard until March! BS!!!

DUMPHOFFA!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to vote him out. Hopefully someone worthwhile runs against him.
Ron Carey was one of us.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Funny I always heard it the other way.... UPS was going P/T.
And you are correct about the next contract 22.3 are being dropped, no matter what this current contract says.
Unless you wish to start a class action lawsuit against both UPS & Hoffa in that case you better have mighty deep pockets.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Funny I always heard it the other way.... UPS was going P/T.
And you are correct about the next contract 22.3 are being dropped, no matter what this current contract says.
Unless you wish to start a class action lawsuit against both UPS & Hoffa in that case you better have mighty deep pockets.

since last year, mostly 22.3s here in CHEMA have been saying that all jobs will be going FT, if anything; in retort to when I mention to them there is a strong possibility that 22.3s will be a thing of the past.

You have 2 more years to go BabaGounj? 1977 - 2010, assuming you racked up enough credits while PT?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
since last year, mostly 22.3s here in CHEMA have been saying that all jobs will be going FT, if anything; in retort to when I mention to them there is a strong possibility that 22.3s will be a thing of the past.

You have 2 more years to go BabaGounj? 1977 - 2010, assuming you racked up enough credits while PT?

1 yr 5 months to reach 30 yrs pension credit { all those years of doing double shifts really added up }
But I still need another year (2012) to reach min retirement age {57 }.

Red Dawn

We don't just need better language, we just need language period! There is hardly any language at all concerning combo employees at any level.

I think the negotiators dropped the ball (or maybe it was on purpose) by not trying to tighten up the rules regarding combos in the last contract...

sounds good, but what good is better language when no one will fight for what we got now!?

Red Dawn

No split scales in pay, 22.3's all should make the same hourly rate.

All employees that work holidays should get paid double time plus the holiday.

Stronger enforcement across the country to track how many 22.3 jobs are filled at all times. Any local that had a 22.3 job, that local should keep that bid 22.3 job. No more moving jobs across the country.

A defined 4 and 4 hour rule, no more 5 to 6 hours in this area and 2 to 3 in this area.

CHEERS!:cheers:

UPSSOCKS

I just want to keep my job. Don't really care about the part-timers, no offense. No one cared about me when I was PT. The union did not go by seniority when bidding the 22.3 jobs so many PTs with less seniority went full-time before I did. Therefore, selfish mode in effect. :wink2:

paycut for more convienent hours (if that is what it takes) would be nice for inside-inside employees. No more twi-mid, should be day-twi. force the 21 year olds on the day sort, who work every-other day, to work the mid.

Also, the FT 22.3 air drivers should get time and a half for working holidays. Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe they only get straight time, which is a joke.

Never will jobs be created enabling 22.3's to work day-twi, and there is a very good reason for it. I am not being an ass, just telling you not to get your hopes up.

UPSSOCKS

DUMPHOFFA!!!!!!!!

I love it when you fight with each other. Management will sit back and enjoy the girlfight. I am glad you guys fight like girls, because hurt workers are bad workers. Some brotherhood... Can't be very united when you are split down the middle.

"Strength comes in numbers but weakness occurs in divided groups." - William Wallace

22.34life

Never will jobs be created enabling 22.3's to work day-twi, and there is a very good reason for it. I am not being an ass, just telling you not to get your hopes up.
What is the very good reason for it,in texas we have plenty of combo jobs noonday-twilight.

22.34life

I love it when you fight with each other. Management will sit back and enjoy the girlfight. I am glad you guys fight like girls, because hurt workers are bad workers. Some brotherhood... Can't be very united when you are split down the middle.

"Strength comes in numbers but weakness occurs in divided groups." - William Wallace
with all the packages geting handed out and managment being forced out looks like you guys are the ones divided.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

We HAVE day-twi 22.3 jobs, I was speaking of more of them. Of course in your rink a dink building there are likely not too many 22.3s and you don't have any experience on the subject.

Unfounded troll theory dismantled. :happy-very: