What do you want in 2013 contract ?

thessalonian13

I think the scary thing about Telematics is what we haven't seen yet.
Whats to stop them from saying; you took XX min at this stop, we thing your stealing time, your fired?
I tell them "If you think I am stealing time, them brown up and hop in the truck with me, or you can follow me in your own car. Either way I don't care. I do my route the same way every day and have nothing to hide." You can set your watch by me.

L

Loufan

What's with everyone saying Part timers should get raises? I'm Part time and i get two, 30 something cent raises this year. Does everyone not get a raise?

Edit: Unless you mean higher starting out pay?
Then yeah i started out at 8.50 and it's taken 5 years to get up to 13.80.

dirty moose

What's with everyone saying Part timers should get raises? I'm Part time and i get two, 30 something cent raises this year. Does everyone not get a raise?

Edit: Unless you mean higher starting out pay?
Then yeah i started out at 8.50 and it's taken 5 years to get up to 13.80.

Yes, talking about higher starting pay. Its been the same forever.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, talking about higher starting pay. Its been the same forever.

I would like to see the starting pay bumped to $10/hr.

As far as Telematics, let me tell you about a true story in my center. We had a driver who had 18 recording in travels on Wednesday--one of these was while he was driving 65 mph. We had company yesterday--District and Operations managers--and this driver was purposely not scheduled to work. It is idiots like this that Telematics was designed to identify and eliminate.

What'dyabringmetoday???

As far as Telematics, let me tell you about a true story in my center. We had a driver who had 18 recording in travels on Wednesday--one of these was while he was driving 65 mph. We had company yesterday--District and Operations managers--and this driver was purposely not scheduled to work. It is idiots like this that Telematics was designed to identify and eliminate.
Yet it has always been condoned by your management friends as long as the drivers are paid-under.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yet it has always been condoned by your management friends as long as the drivers are paid-under.

I agree that the standards should be applied equally to all employees.

I would love to see a printout of the Telematics for TM and JF to see if any work was done during the meal/break times each put in to their DIADs. There is no way that JF is able to work 5.82 hours and still take his full lunch/break. MB covers his run and has a hard time getting in before 6:00/6:30.

Is there a double standard? Absolutely.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

They are using this for other things also...get real do you think its just for clowns like you describe in your center...They are using telematics to harass drivers plain and simple, not just the idiot driving 65 using the board..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree that the standards should be applied equally to all employees.

I would love to see a printout of the Telematics for TM and JF to see if any work was done during the meal/break times each put in to their DIADs. There is no way that JF is able to work 5.82 hours and still take his full lunch/break. MB covers his run and has a hard time getting in before 6:00/6:30.

Is there a double standard? Absolutely.

thats the thing, you will never be able to see it and management wont do anything about it. I just hope that there isnt a serious accident regarding these drivers and ups is sued and required to give the attorney on the other side telematic reports of that day...see where this is going...ups knows and has the info on this person speeding and running and isnt saying a word about it which = they condone it...hope this never happens.

AKCoverMan

TM also showed me as recording in travel many times one particular day. I didn't wait for them to come to me I went to them throwing the BS flag. I don't record in travel; I used to sometimes record while idling when at a flag stop pickup but now I religiously shut down the car.

Mgmt kinda shrugged their shoulders and told me to write it up on the DVIR. Nothing ever came of it.

I am wondering if the two systems (telematics and the diad system) sometimes just get a little out of sinc and it rings up a bunch of stops just after you start the car back up.

Anyway I am pretty sure there will be a car load of packages waiting for me in the morning...

menotyou

bella amicizia
They are writing up 18 yr old kids at my center for turning the belt off for over 70's, under the guise of not working as directed. No one is informing these kids of their right to rebut. I grant you there is personal responsibility, but it doesn't just lie at the feet of that particular person. What about the responsibility of the sup to allow people to follow the established protocol of turning the belt off for irregulars, if need be?

Indecisi0n

As with everything else in life, the individual is responsible for their own safety.

If you don't understand that, you need to grow up.

I agree with this up to a certain point. Our center now has people being dispatched 10.5-11 days M-friend. Now center manager wants to know why we have all these injuries.