What Gloves Do You Recommend for the Winter?

New to UPS as a driver, I've been here for four months now. Live in NJ & the winters can be pretty brutal, it's already starting to get pretty cold. I've been looking at some gloves on Amazon but can't really decide between any of them, was wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Are you PT or FT? If your PT any glove with grip on the inside of your hand will do while loading trucks inside the building. If your FT driver i would suggest a thin glove that is easy to use while punching in info on the diad. It gets hard with thicker gloves to push the soft keys with bulky gloves that give extra protection from cold weather.

Are you PT or FT? If your PT any glove with grip on the inside of your hand will do while loading trucks inside the building. If your FT driver i would suggest a thin glove that is easy to use while punching in info on the diad. It gets hard with thicker gloves to push the soft keys with bulky gloves that give extra protection from cold weather.
FT.
Gloves are for girls.
ah yes the classic

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Gloves are for girls.
F3E7DE01-BBBE-4C83-BA78-26E7230C5AAD.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
I wear leather lined chore gloves with a knit cuff when it is cold. I prefer the ones made by Kinco. I have 3 pair. 2 I keep on the defroster while I wear a pair. As soon as the feel damp (usually from sweat), I switch to another pair. When it is really cold, I wear an XL Kinco with knit wool liner gloves.

This time of year and as it warms up in the Spring, I wear a pair of winter Mechanix gloves. I get them big enough to wear a thin, knit wool liner glove inside. I would wear them most of the season, but the gloves wear out too fast, compared to the Kinco leather gloves. Plus the Kinco gloves are cheaper.

Learn how to use the orange button so you can DR by buttons, not by touching the screen.

Dumbo

I'll wear just the plain package handling gloves that you can get from a gas station all winter. The key is to keep your core and legs warm. If you keep your core warm your hands will not have much of a problem staying warm.

ouanling

I'll wear just the plain package handling gloves that you can get from a gas station all winter. The key is to keep your core and legs warm. If you keep your core warm your hands will not have much of a problem staying warm.

thats assuming you have one of those fancy package car that has a working heater hose.

Most of the ones ive driven were broken and had "parts ordered" months ago.

Whither

Scofflaw
I wear MaxiFlex 34-874 year round, and winters can get plenty cold here. Very durable at $5/pair online -- usually get 5-6 weeks out of pair before tossing em. The pairs with smooth nitrile coating (rather than the 'microfoam' coating) work easily on touchscreens soon as you carry a few boxes.

Ghost in the Darkness

Thin black nitrile coated gloves. Able to use diad with them on and they are thin enough my hands don't sweat but keeps them covered on cold days. Tractor Supply has them in 20pair packs or so for around $10.

iruhnman630

I wear Mechanix type 'grip gloves most of the year, with heavyweight gloves for the coldest days (forgot the brand name).

But I also have two solid jets of warm air coming out of the dash I can hold my hands in front of between stops.

You're hands are going to be cold. Its part of the job.

But any glove between your skin and ice cold surfaces helps.