Think Much?

Wow, interesting forum. I've discovered some interesting discussions, some intelligent people, but some real dumbasses as well.

I posted a thread commenting on the fact that the Teamsters' communications department is dysfunctional. Someone said any UPS employee with a question can just attend a union meeting.

WTF??? Do you really expect people with pressing questions to wait two weeks so they can drive across town and attend some stuffy meeting, where they'll probably have to wait half an hour before they can ask their question? Why can't the Teamsters do what all intelligent people do - put the answers to commonly asked / important questions on their WEBSITE?

Another member said part-timers deserve to get screwed because . . . well, because they're part-timers! Does that mean drivers who have complaints shouldn't complain because they chose to be drivers?

There's a difference between ignorance (e.g. new hires), willful stupidity (many veterans), and propaganda (the Teamsters and their supporters), though the differences all too often smell the same.

I'll have to start making a list of forum members who have brains and another list of people to ignore.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Wow, interesting forum. I've discovered some interesting discussions, some intelligent people, but some real dumbasses as well.

I posted a thread commenting on the fact that the Teamsters' communications department is dysfunctional. Someone said any UPS employee with a question can just attend a union meeting.

WTF??? Do you really expect people with pressing questions to wait two weeks so they can drive across town and attend some stuffy meeting, where they'll probably have to wait half an hour before they can ask their question? Why can't the Teamsters do what all intelligent people do - put the answers to commonly asked / important questions on their WEBSITE?

Another member said part-timers deserve to get screwed because . . . well, because they're part-timers! Does that mean drivers who have complaints shouldn't complain because they chose to be drivers?

There's a difference between ignorance (e.g. new hires), willful stupidity (many veterans), and propaganda (the Teamsters and their supporters), though the differences all too often smell the same.

I'll have to start making a list of forum members who have brains and another list of people to ignore.
Don’t be mad you’re going back to Saturdays 😂

Definitely a lot of ignorance on this site. It is good for some humor when you are bored.
Well said. In fact, one thing that cheers me up is that I'm not the only one stuck on a sinking ship. Some 12 years ago, the shift I was working on got terminated. Just recently, my new shift in a different hub was scuttled. I'm now temporarily laid off, expecting to get rehired pretty quickly.

In the meantime, some of the biggest jerks in the building are now commuting to Tacoma, which is reportedly a hellhole to work in, not to mention a long commute. Every time I think of that convoy of trailer park trash - many of whom kissed the Teamsters' you-know-what - it puts a smile on my face. ;)

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Well said. In fact, one thing that cheers me up is that I'm not the only one stuck on a sinking ship. Some 12 years ago, the shift I was working on got terminated. Just recently, my new shift in a different hub was scuttled. I'm now temporarily laid off, expecting to get rehired pretty quickly.

In the meantime, some of the biggest jerks in the building are now commuting to Tacoma, which is reportedly a hellhole to work in, not to mention a long commute. Every time I think of that convoy of trailer park trash - many of whom kissed the Teamsters' you-know-what - it puts a smile on my face. ;)
YOULL NEVER BE A RPCD

I wouldn't want to be a supervisor, and I don't have a clue what a RPCD is. I'm probably a better friend than most UPS employees could ever hope for - but there aren't many I would want to be friends with. I have standards, and I limit myself to a few close friends that I can trust.

In the meantime, I just gotta laugh one more time at those Teamster bunnies commuting to Tacoma! ;)

I have a new slogan for the Teamsters: "We help you follow the volume."

542thruNthru

giphy-40.gif

Check out this discussion where some clown claims that automation creates more jobs. He claims the work force in his hub has almost doubled, and there are THREE nearby hubs that have similarly hired more people. Funny thing is, he won't reveal the names or locations of the hubs.

I'm relieved to know that automation creates jobs, even if those jobs are a moving target. Maybe the Teamsters' new policy of following the volume is a win-win for America. It might be the trump card the White House needs in its war with China!

542thruNthru

Check out this discussion where some clown claims that automation creates more jobs. He claims the work force in his hub has almost doubled, and there are THREE nearby hubs that have similarly hired more people. Funny thing is, he won't reveal the names or locations of the hubs.

I'm relieved to know that automation creates jobs, even if those jobs are a moving target. Maybe the Teamsters' new policy of following the volume is a win-win for America. It might be the trump card the White House needs in its war with China!

9A745BC6-BD88-4164-BFF5-D8732471AB9D.gif

Thebrownblob

That guy is sexy as hell

govols019

You smell that?

Nobody cares.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

Simple: just change dummy to ✡️