What is in the card for future UPS?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Greed has no ceiling. Otherwise, UPS would not have to layoff 12K employees and so on. It didn't lose money in 2023!
They're laying off 12K management. Not employees.

All companies expand and contract. They're trying to find the most efficient way to exist with the workload required.

I'm sure they'll bring you back if volume picks up.

anonymous23456

All companies expand and contract. They're trying to find the most efficient way to exist with the workload required.

Oh yeah? Shut down packages centers permanently is to punish management? You are very much into class warfare!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

They expanded the workforce during Covid. Volume is returning to pre pandemic levels. There is layoff language to protect union jobs. I think the number of management employees could use a little adjusting, especially PT.

anonymous23456

You have no idea what is going to happen in 2024 and 2025! Just wait and see...

Mark this date:
"Please save March 26, 2024, to join us for the UPS Investor and Analyst Day as we share details on our strategy and provide multi-year financial targets"

Pullman Brown

This 117 years company has only 3 choices.

1. Go private. If it wants to control its future, it needs to shed Wall Street control. However, this won't be enough. It has to keep its workforce at a smaller size while inventing new business stream to generate income.
2. Shut down completely and return cash to shareholders.
3. Go bankrupt and lose everything.

There will be no merger or buyout from any company/investor with unionized workforce. It can only be possible if Amazon is unionized, FedEx is unionized, and DHL is unionized.
giphy-downsized.gif

Pullman Brown

This 117 years company has only 3 choices.

1. Go private. If it wants to control its future, it needs to shed Wall Street control. However, this won't be enough. It has to keep its workforce at a smaller size while inventing new business stream to generate income.
2. Shut down completely and return cash to shareholders.
3. Go bankrupt and lose everything.

There will be no merger or buyout from any company/investor with unionized workforce. It can only be possible if Amazon is unionized, FedEx is unionized, and DHL is unionized.
Relax, stop being so emotional 2008 financial crisis was worse- stock was down to $48.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I agree. Tome, the next CEO, and the next CEO will squeeze UPS for profits so that they can make millions in salary and stock options. One day, UPS will just go bankrupted and valuable assets will be sold to vulture companies.
Yeah but think of how many cool new ice cream trucks will be hitting the streets.