What percentage of Teamsters do you think will vote in the upcoming IBT election?

hembone

You have to remember there are 3 candidates for president. So your gonna have the die hard Hoffa members who will vote for him and then the vote against will be divided between the other two. So it's quite possible he will walk right in again.
Now I supported Hoffa in the past but the way things are I can't bring myself to do it again. But who to vote for who will do a better job? Now Sandy Pope doesn't even have a slate, she's running by herself so if elected, what can she do compared to being voted in with a slate that would support her?
Then you have Fred, who actually has a slate. But I know nothing of him or those running with. Is there anyone on here who is a member of his local who can shed some light on his accomplishments? Has he had success against UPS and enforcing the contract?
If you research it Fred's slate (at least he has one) is in large part a joke.

Last edited:

hembone

You have to remember there are 3 candidates for president. So your gonna have the die hard Hoffa members who will vote for him and then the vote against will be divided between the other two. So it's quite possible he will walk right in again.
Now I supported Hoffa in the past but the way things are I can't bring myself to do it again. But who to vote for who will do a better job? Now Sandy Pope doesn't even have a slate, she's running by herself so if elected, what can she do compared to being voted in with a slate that would support her?
Then you have Fred, who actually has a slate. But I know nothing of him or those running with. Is there anyone on here who is a member of his local who can shed some light on his accomplishments? Has he had success against UPS and enforcing the contract?
His accomplishment was losing the 6.1 billion dollars UPS paid to exit the CSPF.

Let's start with correct information and make sure that the straight story is told.

Gegare's accomplishment was not losing 6.1 billion dollars UPS paid to exit the CSPF. Gegare does not personally call up E-Trade to buy and sell stocks with the CSPF's cash. But that is the impression that you want to leave and that is dead wrong. The 6.1 Billion was invested with the same guidelines and rules as any other investment at CSPF. Along with hundreds of thousands of single individual investors, mutual funds and other investment firms with pension fund moneies or your 401k monies, lost your collective butts during that time. Was there a loss of monies during that era, no one denies there wasn't, but you are just repeating something you have either read or been told with out your own review of the facts.

Gegare firmly believes that the UPS Members have been short changed by the leadership in place. The Company has ripped out pages of the bargaining agreement and is force feeding those pages down the memberships throat. We should do sticker day to stop the production standards harassment? Management laughed when they saw those stickers. Heck, there were locals that didn't even share those stickers with the membership because they were embarassed by this lack of leadership. What happened to good old fashion contract enforcement by the Leadership of IBT and stand with the members to stand up to this employer? This is the type of beliefs Gegare has, not running to the membership with "sticker day" but take the contract and enforce the language and hold Brown accoutable. He has been stating this from UPS hub to UPS hub.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
i always voted.i'am retired now.if i could vote i think i would vote for sandy pope and fred.if

As a retiree, you could still help campaign for the candidate you believe will best help strengthen and build our union.

Ballots mailed Oct. 6, less than 6 weeks to go.