What to do

tizom

I used a UPS store to ship an Item 3day on the 16th of Dec. It shipped from Tampa to Jax, back to Tampa, then to Bedford Hills IL where it is now lost. A tracer was placed on the 24th and I have a customer wanting money back. I let them know about the 8 days it takes to mark package as lost. I am not a retailer, I just sold something over craigslist. I told him I would not refund money until I received insurance and refund from UPS. Am I wrong. What if package shows and I have already refunded money? I am out all the money and the package. #hugefailups

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I used a UPS store to ship an Item 3day on the 16th of Dec. It shipped from Tampa to Jax, back to Tampa, then to Bedford Hills IL where it is now lost. A tracer was placed on the 24th and I have a customer wanting money back. I let them know about the 8 days it takes to mark package as lost. I am not a retailer, I just sold something over craigslist. I told him I would not refund money until I received insurance and refund from UPS. Am I wrong. What if package shows and I have already refunded money? I am out all the money and the package. #hugefailups
Your appraoch sounds correct.
Give buyer the 1Z so they can see the tracking results.

tizom

They found it from the tracer in Tampa. THis is the third time this package has been in Tampa. Now there is a del date of Jan 3. 3 weeks after the original 3day select