What type of Gloves does everyone use

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
Ironclad Wrencworx Impact ($29.99 Ironclad.com) these gloves lasted about 1 year.

Another cheap lightweight alternative I use when its warmer is the Ansell Hyflex Lite 11-600 glove ($2.68 per pair airgas.com).

thanks for that post BrownPR215, I've been using the Ansell 11-800 ($5.05 pr)works well but they are white and look like crap after half a day. I'll see if my local supply house has the 600, if not I'll order from Airgas. How long do the 600s last?

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
I can`t help on this one. Here we don`t need gloves, or boots, or long underwear, or hats, or earmuffs, or a scarf, or chains for the tires. Just shorts and a good pair of sunglasses. Now about the sunglasses, I prefer a Maui Jim ! Sure they are $250.00 but are well worth it and they last years! :thumbup1:

And... spring training is about to start so I wear a baseball glove, and I have 7 new option 3 days so I wear a golf glove:happy-very:

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
thanks for that post BrownPR215, I've been using the Ansell 11-800 ($5.05 pr)works well but they are white and look like crap after half a day. I'll see if my local supply house has the 600, if not I'll order from Airgas. How long do the 600s last?

Approx 1-2 months for $2.68 per pair you can't beat that and these gloves are black with a dark gray bottom. They are great as far as using the diad, handling keys, digging in your pockets etc. Good luck.

http://airgas.com/browse/product_list.aspx?catID=270&Keyword=ansell hyflex lite

I understand UPS drivers wearing gloves but why is it that machanics nowdays all wear them. Afraid to get there hands dirty?

Ever been a mechanic ? I was for several years. long long ago. There are other issues with the hands other than the grease that you can't get out if the pours of you hands. Cuts, nicks, scrapes are just three of them. The increased grip is also an added feature of wearing gloves. I didn't wear gloves back then, but I would today.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was just curious when all of a sudden all (not just UPS mechanics) started wearing gloves. I think it was when we started having all these car fix up shows on Spike TV and Speed. It's very seldom you see anyone even get there gloves dirty on those shows. They must totally clean those vehicals up before the filming starts. It's amazing how they can grease wheel bearings and remain totally grease free. It's very seldom they even use a rag. It's a friggin miracle:happy2:

I was just curious when all of a sudden all (not just UPS mechanics) started wearing gloves. I think it was when we started having all these car fix up shows on Spike TV and Speed. It's very seldom you see anyone even get there gloves dirty on those shows. They must totally clean those vehicals up before the filming starts. It's amazing how they can grease wheel bearings and remain totally grease free. It's very seldom they even use a rag. It's a friggin miracle:happy2:
I know what you mean, it's just like Norm on the Yankee workshop show. Never mis cuts a board.

overallowed

I have never found anything better than the knit gloves from Cintas. They are $6.75 a pair and I can generally wear them 8 weeks. They are fairly warm, even when it is brutal out, and have dots on them to grip, handle keys, write, and are very DIAD friendly. I order 10 pair at a time, and it lasts me about 2 years. You have to register online with Cintas to get into the UPS accessory page. I even wear gloves (not these) in the summer. Nike makes to good weightlifting gloves that aren't too hot. I got them at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
Ever been a mechanic ? I was for several years. long long ago. There are other issues with the hands other than the grease that you can't get out if the pours of you hands. Cuts, nicks, scrapes are just three of them. The increased grip is also an added feature of wearing gloves. I didn't wear gloves back then, but I would today.

They have found that used oil can cause cancer so I am guessing it is about liability. I will see them wearing latex doctor style for the grip and to act as a barrier for oil.:punk:

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I used to use the Atlas grey insulated glove for driving and delivery. Especially when our winters can get 30 degrees below zero. Since then I have switched to a thinner glove. They are nitrile covered and have good gripping abilities...and they last for about a month. You can run the diad and text just fine and best of all they do keep you hands warm in the winter months even though they are thin. They come in Black or UPS pullman brown. The gloves cost ius $3.49 a pair. They run a little large on the sizing (ie...if you were a med then a XL would fit you)
At our center we have made an arrangement with the supplier to get these gloves at a reduced price. I would be glad to extend that savings to anyone else here that in interested. Most of our drivers here buy them by the dozen.
Drop me a line if this is something you would be interested in.

blue741

I bought a pair of $10 Mechanix to use as a loader. It hasn't even been a month and it's already tearing at the fingertips. Sigh.